Changing fzj-80 to lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 94 fzj-80 and would like to change the front end to the newer model (that does not say totyota, and while I was at it I thought about just changing all badges to lx450. So will the front grill fit? and I would need to buy a new emblems? or will used ones (like off a junked lx450) work. I know I know. this is a wast of money. but luckly its only my money to be wasted :D So...... have fun and flame away. But also thank you for the help.

I guess you would want to change your sig first ;)

Just get some of these, it will be cheaper. :D

Last edited:
Gutsy request...They(the mud locals) are going to punish you. :eek:

sc40 said:
I have a 94 fzj-80 and would like to change the front end to the newer model (that does not say totyota, and while I was at it I thought about just changing all badges to lx450. So will the front grill fit? and I would need to buy a new emblems? or will used ones (like off a junked lx450) work. I know I know. this is a wast of money. but luckly its only my money to be wasted :D So...... have fun and flame away. But also thank you for the help.
Badging does not a Lexus make :flipoff2:
NO. No Lexus for you! :mad:

The headlights will need to be changed. The grill will need to be changed. LX 450 grills are shaped differently than Land Cruiser grills. The headlights are shaped differently too. If you change both the grill and the headlights, everything should bolt on.

Do you want to change the corner lamps too? It's not really a mock-Lexus unless you have the semi-clear corner lamps.

What about the rear end? Are you going to swap out the Toyota symbol for a Lexus symbol or will you be mixing and matching? You'll probably want to remove the "Toyota Land Cruiser" strip on the rear hatch too. Possibly replace with with a "LX 450" strip?

Will you be wanting to emulate a 1996 LX 450 or a 1997 LX 450? If it's the '96, you can keep the "Full Time 4WD" emblem...if it's the '97, you gotta yank that too.

What about your rear sliding windows. You'll need to swap out the rear DS window to a non-slider. Center wheel caps? You shouldn't mix those -- what's the point of being a poser-LX if you have Toyota center wheel caps?

Don't even get me started on the interior :rolleyes:

Seriously, unless you want a mish-mash of emblems/logos, you need to go all out. Don't forget the logos in the engine compartment too...

You're right...it's your money, but what an incredible waste of it.

I won't flame you. I will trade you at no cost!!! Lets do it! But might run into the problem between the 94 and 96 differences. Where you located?

elmariachi said:
Yea...and if you are going to go giving your truck an identity change, maybe you'd better kill the Einstein avatar in favor of one for say......RuPaul. :doh:

Turning it into a 40th Anniversary edition would be a lot easier....
:princess:

TJK

elmariachi said:
Yea...and if you are going to go giving your truck an identity change, maybe you'd better kill the Einstein avatar in favor of one for say......RuPaul. :doh:
RuPaul? No...someone find a pic of Sparky. This is something that he'd drum up...once he finds out that his new roommate/boyfriend at that all-boys school is only into Lexuses.

:flipoff2: :D :flipoff2:

Mudshack said:
I won't flame you. I will trade you at no cost!!! Lets do it! But might run into the problem between the 94 and 96 differences. Where you located?

How ironic, there are two of you in the whole world who would do this sort of thing and you both are here together.

Now what are the odds of THAT???? :flipoff2: :popcorn:

Kaderabek said:
Turning it into a 40th Anniversary edition would be a lot easier....
:princess:

TJK

Ummm, that would be the 37th Anniversary edition (94) :D

Mudshack said:

No PM's on this one, the peanut gallery wants to see this. Similar to watching a train wreck. :D

firetruck41 said:
I guess you would want to change your sig first ;)

Ya' at the very least change the "what" to why so the sentence makes sense, then capitolizing "i" and the 'T' in Toyota would be a good move too....

It's an English thing, you might not understand ;)

Walking Eagle said:
Ya' at the very least change the "what" to why so the sentence makes sense, then capitolizing "i" and the 'T' in Toyota would be a good move too....It's an English thing, you might not understand ;)

Here is your revised/corrected/clarified sig line...just copy and paste:

"I understand the J**P thing, that's why I drive a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser partially disguised and rebadged as a 1997 Lexus, which was originally built by Toyota as a Land Cruiser and then rebadged as a Lexus......by Toyota."

yah yah yah, ok i give up on the crazy pipe dream. but mudshack, trade might be in order if you through in a slee 6in lift, arb's, and oh yah! a 4x4 labs rear bumper. jk

rgsiii said:
Just get some of these, it will be cheaper. :D

They look used.

Are they yours? :confused:

You know I can't stay away from these pink panty threads/posts!

Mot :D

sc40 said:
I have a 94 fzj-80 and would like to change the front end to the newer model (that does not say totyota,...)

BTW, I prefer the old "TOYOTA" look. ;)

Mot

mot said:
They look used.

Are they yours? :confused:

You know I can't stay away from these pink panty threads/posts!

Mot :D
knock-offs

I've posted images of the genuine Lexus panties in the past. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom