Changing fzj-80 to lx450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCalDoug said:
knock-offs

I've posted images of the genuine Lexus panties in the past. ;)

I knew it!

Lexux panties.... There is NO substitute! :rolleyes:

Mot :D

elmariachi said:
Here is your revised/corrected/clarified sig line...just copy and paste:

"I understand the J**P thing, that's why I drive a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser partially disguised and rebadged as a 1997 Lexus, which was originally built by Toyota as a Land Cruiser and then rebadged as a Lexus......by Toyota."

ROTFLMAO!!

That, my friend, was precious!

Oh so you want to convert to Lexus, then don't forget to change the steering wheel from the "T" to "L". Ouch, that's going to be expensive. Good luck!

Last edited:
Kaderabek said:
Age don't matter to Jim (least that's what the groupies tell me). :D TJK

Age does not matter, however, in the TEN RULES by which I live my life and which I adhere to faithfully, the SECOND rule is..."Always marry a woman who can keep you better than you are accustomed to keeping yourself."

Dude, you had to know you were going to get hammered on this one.

yah i did, but i really wanted to know,

ya'll should be thanking me, its more intertaining than how can i put a dixie horn in my car.

don't forget the special lexus horn that plays dixie

The funniest thing is that there are guys out there...who have LXs who are maybe not so comfortable with their masculinity...or somethin'...who want to go the other way -- they buy LXs and want to swap out bading to have their rigs look Toyota rather than Lexus. Seems to me it would just be easier to buy what you want rather than try to switch everything up...but whatever :rolleyes:

You should find one of these guys and just swap out your Toyota labels for their Lexus badging.

I'm looking for a bumper sticker for my FJ40, "My other vehicle is a Lexus"

I like the look on peoples faces when I tell them I'll drive , I have a Lexus and they then see my rig.

Not as pricesless as the looks on the mountain bikers faces at Moab when I drove past them on the trail.

I like the "dude, you got pulled out by a Lexus!" comments, priceless!

1-1-2005_5.jpg

well, when i say i drive a tlc everyone's face drops. they cant fathom how i afford to own one and do ANY mods to it. this comming from kids who drive j**p rubicon's. the face when i tell them i do it to a lexus will be great! but... again too much money. I'd do a trade if anyone wants to. would i put that under parts for sale?

elmariachi said:
Age does not matter, however, in the TEN RULES by which I live my life and which I adhere to faithfully, the SECOND rule is..."Always marry a woman who can keep you better than you are accustomed to keeping yourself."

Mission accomplished with Tammy, I'd say. That's a lot of rules to keep track of though!

TJK

There are a lot of folks who swap out Lexus emblems for Cruiser emblems. There is a guy in Arizona that has done it to quite a few LXs. He has even swapped in the earlier 93/94 grills and lights with Toyota in the grill. I've never heard of anyone going the other way.

My dad really wanted to swap all of his LX badges off his LX for Cruiser badges but he couldn't figure out how to do it effectively without going nuts. Steering wheel cover, radio, center caps, the little key cover in the rear hatch, etc... The actual emblem swap wouldn't be that hard. And then if you were really going to build a poseur LX you'd need to put the different bumpers and side cladding on. It has to be complete right.

So as a compromise my dad's license plate frame says, "Land Cruiser in Lexus disguise"

My dad's reasoning for buying the LX, it was cheaper than the Crusiers he could find at the time. Reason he would like to swap emblems, Lexus gives a more wealthy impression to a lot of people. As he says, "They pass the offering plate to me twice at church." He lives in rural Wyoming and there many people believe Lexus is the vehicle of choice for the California refugees living in Wyoming. And Californians are not liked by many of the locals. My dad is definitely not from California, so that bothers him quite a bit.

well bumpers are aftermarket, and cladding i frankly dont care for. but as i said eariler, its more so just a crazy pipe dream.

ginericfj80 said:
There are a lot of folks who swap out Lexus emblems for Cruiser emblems. There is a guy in Arizona that has done it to quite a few LXs. He has even swapped in the earlier 93/94 grills and lights with Toyota in the grill. I've never heard of anyone going the other way.

My dad really wanted to swap all of his LX badges off his LX for Cruiser badges but he couldn't figure out how to do it effectively without going nuts. Steering wheel cover, radio, center caps, the little key cover in the rear hatch, etc... The actual emblem swap wouldn't be that hard. And then if you were really going to build a poseur LX you'd need to put the different bumpers and side cladding on. It has to be complete right.

So as a compromise my dad's license plate frame says, "Land Cruiser in Lexus disguise"

My dad's reasoning for buying the LX, it was cheaper than the Crusiers he could find at the time. Reason he would like to swap emblems, Lexus gives a more wealthy impression to a lot of people. As he says, "They pass the offering plate to me twice at church." He lives in rural Wyoming and there many people believe Lexus is the vehicle of choice for the California refugees living in Wyoming. And Californians are not liked by many of the locals. My dad is definitely not from California, so that bothers him quite a bit.

Sounds like you dad needs to build up and "uglify" his LX 450 or sell/exchange it for a Land Cruiser to escape some grief...

A Slee rear bumper/tire carrier does a great job of obscuring the Lexus badging in the rear...new wheels will take care of the center cap issue. Then all he'd have to do is swap out the grill for something generic/aftermarket to remove the "L". That would make his LX truly disguised :D

sc40 said:
yah yah yah, ok i give up on the crazy pipe dream. but mudshack, trade might be in order if you through in a slee 6in lift, arb's, and oh yah! a 4x4 labs rear bumper. jk

Ok, I will throw that in, if you throw in a slee 6in lift, arb's, and oh yah! a 4x4 labs rear bumper.

haha, touche'

NorCalDoug said:
Sounds like you dad needs to build up and "uglify" his LX 450 or sell/exchange it for a Land Cruiser to escape some grief...

A Slee rear bumper/tire carrier does a great job of obscuring the Lexus badging in the rear...new wheels will take care of the center cap issue. Then all he'd have to do is swap out the grill for something generic/aftermarket to remove the "L". That would make his LX truly disguised :D

You're funny, you've never met him. My dad is a stocker guy. On his two 80s prior to this he kept everything stock. He even bought Michelins several times. Now he is running Revos of course in the stock size. And I've made some progress. He is running Rancho RS9000X shocks on his LX. However, they are stock length. He calls my modifications wrecking the Land Cruiser. Bastardizing was another term he used. I showed him some video from the 80 run of Golden Spike and I kept telling him, that is an LX. I think at first he thought the rhino lining in black was an alternate option for the body cladding color. It could be worse, I could have parents that drive Jeep Cherokees or Land Rovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom