Center Diff lock pin-7 conversion? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.iluvrocks.com
Hello all,
I've been trying to find a procedure description for the Center Diff Lock conversion. This allows you to fully control the center diff with the dash switch.

In other words, center diff WONT lock w/o pressing the switch regardless of Hi/ Low range.
I swear Ive seen this before, but can't find it in the tech section or at Slee's site.
I've searched, and found a reference to the *pin-7 conversion*, but no actual instructions. :'(

can anyone give me a link???

I'm trying to troubleshoot my intermittent center diff locking on the trail. The center locks flawlessly in the driveway and such, but when I'm off road and NEED it, it refuses to lock. :mad:
I'm still not sure if its just not indicating locked, but it feels open. I'll check the indicator switch. I DID find THAT on Slees site ;)

THANKS!!!

Chris,

Here is my original post from the old SOR forum, enjoy....D-

Rogue,

Ask and ye shall receive:

Remove the dead pedal and the left front sill plate. In the left kick panel you will find a Silver metal box. That is the ABS ECU. Remove it, and behind you will find a black plastic relay about the size of a cigarette pack. It says "transmission control relay" on it. That's what you are after. The EWD calls it the "center diff lock relay", same thing. Unplug the harness from it and take a terminal pick and remove the black wire with blue tracer from pin#7. Insulate the bare terminal to suit and then put everything else back where you found it. If you have the low 4 position swith at the transfer case unplugged, crawl under there and reconnect that as well.
What you have just accomplished is you have interrupted the signal from the transfer case that tells the lock ECU that you went to low range but you are still sending a signal to the transmission ECU telling it that you ARE in low range. Therefore the transmission will shift in the correct low range pattern. In addition you now have true manual control over center diff locking. It only locks when you tell it to without regard to transfer range selection.
Oh, I forgot the final step......Grab yerself a congratulatory #6 (but not an English one as you have just performed an electrical task, sorry Jim)

Regards.......Dan

Thanks!

That's what I needed!

Just did this about three hours ago, worked like a charm! Now, if I can only find the wires for the front/rear diff lock icon and tie them in to my air lockers....... life would be grand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom