Cement gray 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
E472273B-D4BC-4650-AB1B-0F61DB2A8018.jpeg
anybody paint there 80 series Toyota “cement gray” as seen on the newer 4runners and tundras?

I’m thinking of going with a single stage, cement gray look alike, without the metallic flakes. Man there are a lot of shades of gray!

I would appreciate any photos of solid gray 80s out there.

Also, will be my first automotive paint job. Going with a brand called Northstar; $250 for gallon kit. Comments/input appreciated

Can't wait to see the results I love my cement fjc. Would love to paint my 80 cement as well

Thanks G-Cat, wow that is one hell of a build. Anvil gray looks awesome! No metallic, been eyeing that Jeep color for a while...the cement is definitely on the lighter side

I thought it was on this forum but maybe it was in google images but there is an 80 that was done in the Team Trails Edition Cement Grey. I know its out there somewhere. Pretty sure he pulled the window glass and put in the clear glass from the 91-92 80. I’ll check one of the drives for images... maybe I have it and forgot?

Whatever the case, I am thinking your's is gonna be sweet.

Don’t F%# around buy a mask before you start shooting.

That Lexus Grey they were putting on the (’13-’15) LX570s is a pretty deep grey if metallic was one’s thing. I am a big fan of German cars so I am partial to grey/silver.

NorthStar is a good, middle of the road, single stage paint. Going to look good! Just remember to prep it good, then prep it some more, then finally prep it one more time then fire away!
Damn, you people painting your 80’s these new colors are just GOING to make me get off my :deadhorse:, and paint mine!:flipoff2:

Well looking at the ^^^ ‘97 build thread’, thread has me thinking of stepping up my prep game, but it’s not coming apart that much. I would Like the door jams done but seems like a lot more work. The 80 is grey already so...maybe won’t clash so much
On the other hand, working on the damn thing is fun. Family would say otherwise though;)

I was torn between thst and fde. Still not sure if fde was the right choice, but I already bought the material.

Hey, yeah, this is kind of a extraordinary build, nothing run of the mill about it but on the question of images of Cement Grey or the like...

check this out: 97 80 Build Thread

Check out the build thread by f18wrangler (the guy in Hawaii). I think he painted his Cement. It looks awesome.

There are two that i can think of.....

Mdje3 in Florida ... turns out its custom but close
upload_2018-7-22_9-4-31.jpeg

F18wrangler in Hawaii .... cement
upload_2018-7-22_9-5-1.jpeg

Both have threads on their builds.

I don't know, but I think there are about 50 shades to choose from.

I can picture the EXACT shade I want it...... until the paint guy breaks out the color chart, and I look at it! Then they all look the same! The struggle is real.........!

Nice, this is great feedback.

Some have been using airplane paint because it's more durable than automotive. For that Grey, you could probably just clearcoat over primer and get the same color.

Airplane paint, sounds expensive. How much and where sourced?

As far as FDE, yes that color is killer. Dad and I are going with Dune biege on the 40 right now. (No thread yet, pictured below). And I didn’t want two looking so similar. That one is being done professionally. Gotten to know The guys down at 5th Ave body shop and they said they would give me a shot to practice in their booth. Super stoked, that is the only reason I got on this journey, well and ripping off the flares exposing nice fresh paint. Not a good two tone look!

Thinking I’m going to land somewhere between the last two rigs above, slightly lighter than the darker one, Mdj3e’s

8D593467-EE48-4E62-9B6B-6B5E7DF1D853.jpeg

4D997268-E51E-44DE-95D7-02278253C658.jpeg

Nice, this is great feedback.

Airplane paint, sounds expensive. How much and where sourced?

As far as FDE, yes that color is killer. Dad and I are going with Dune biege on the 40 right now. (No thread yet, pictured below). And I didn’t want two looking so similar. That one is being done professionally. Gotten to know The guys down at 5th Ave body shop and they said they would give me a shot to practice in their booth. Super stoked, that is the only reason I got on this journey, well and ripping off the flares exposing nice fresh paint. Not a good two tone look!

Thinking I’m going to land somewhere between the last two rigs above, slightly lighter than the darker one, Mdj3e’s

View attachment 1749964

View attachment 1749965
This guy used airplane paint in his build, maybe ask him...
Project 'Fresh Start' RestoMod

Wow I’m sold^^^ I think he nailed it!

I posted in his thread. Hope it is not too much...and can be shipped here

aircraft paint aka Durathane II will be about $360 before shipping from Tempo Aerospace.

The above application was in ‘Audi Nardo Gray’. Not sure I’m going to go for the aerospace paint, but most likely will go for the color. Going to drop by the body shop and get their opinion on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom