Carb for 1973

Carb interchange for 1973

My cruiser currently has a Weber carb on it and i am wanting to convert back to an Aisin. So my question is do i have to find the exact same year carb that came off of my cruiser or can i use any Aisin Cruiser carb on there? Is there a better year carb i can use?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I would look for a '74 non-USA carb with a ported vacuum. Contact Mark Algazy at Marksoffroad.net. He has a bunch of carbs and will sell you a rebuilt one for a reasonable price. Go to the website and get the phone # and call him. He gets flooded with emails and always answers the phone.
If he has one with a ported vacuum you can add a vacuum advance distributor at a later date.

JMO

Ed

My cruiser is mostly stock except for the lift and 33 tires and i am wanting to get a stock carb on there. Runs good just a little rich. Not sure of the size, I could sell it, shoot me a PM .

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

Whoever you talk to about going back, make sure they understand your full story. Going back to stock doesn't just mean carb. You will need a stock air cleaner, different accel cable and/ or linkage, mounting studs and carb insulator plate. It adds up fast!

Finding a carb with a vac adv port is nice, but it isn't critical, because a good rebuilder can port for you during the rebuilding process. ;)

I would stick to carbs from the 70-74 year and not get into the 75 and newer stuff because of the different air cleaner.

I have the Air cleaner, and the carb insulator plate. Just need to get a carb in my posession so i can see what else i will need.
Thanks

Top Bottom