Carb for 1973 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Carb interchange for 1973

My cruiser currently has a Weber carb on it and i am wanting to convert back to an Aisin. So my question is do i have to find the exact same year carb that came off of my cruiser or can i use any Aisin Cruiser carb on there? Is there a better year carb i can use?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I would look for a '74 non-USA carb with a ported vacuum. Contact Mark Algazy at Marksoffroad.net. He has a bunch of carbs and will sell you a rebuilt one for a reasonable price. Go to the website and get the phone # and call him. He gets flooded with emails and always answers the phone.
If he has one with a ported vacuum you can add a vacuum advance distributor at a later date.

JMO

Ed

weber

What's wrong with the weber?? do you plan on selling it? and what size?

My cruiser is mostly stock except for the lift and 33 tires and i am wanting to get a stock carb on there. Runs good just a little rich. Not sure of the size, I could sell it, shoot me a PM .

Whoever you talk to about going back, make sure they understand your full story. Going back to stock doesn't just mean carb. You will need a stock air cleaner, different accel cable and/ or linkage, mounting studs and carb insulator plate. It adds up fast!

Finding a carb with a vac adv port is nice, but it isn't critical, because a good rebuilder can port for you during the rebuilding process. ;)

I would stick to carbs from the 70-74 year and not get into the 75 and newer stuff because of the different air cleaner.

I have the Air cleaner, and the carb insulator plate. Just need to get a carb in my posession so i can see what else i will need.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom