Carb choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a few tips from people who have holleys on their LC
I have a 2bbl 500cfm (4412) on it right now , performance is excellent
hoever 500cfm are way more than needed I was wondering if anyone has modified this to run as a 350cfm .
Is it even possible what do I need to replace?
I was thinking by replacing the 50cc pump with a 30cc and rejetting
should be sufficient
I will tear it down for a rebuilt in the next few days, there is some gas leaking
from the pump and the gas mileage is not very good that is what I am trying to improve since I want it to be my DD

PabloCruise said:
While you are tearing the Holley down for rebuild - replace it w/ an Aisan unit...

If I can't fix the gas leak I might do that otherwise this carb is great even on somewhat extreme angles I believe the PO already did something to make it more trail friendly I think the acc pump is bad and leaking other than that I don't see a reason to replace the carb

Seriously, I know it is not what you are asking, but a rebuilt Jim C. carb will do amazing things for your cruiser. I am getting 15-16 mpg on the road these days.

Just .02, good luck with the Holley.

Drew <><

REZARF said:
Seriously, I know it is not what you are asking, but a rebuilt Jim C. carb will do amazing things for your cruiser. I am getting 15-16 mpg on the road these days.

Just .02, good luck with the Holley.

Drew <><

I know this is the best way to go however I 'd really like to learn more about carbs and this is a good opportunity also I want to save $200 :)
but
holley tech support just told me you can't change the CFM of any carb
so my next move is to do a rebuilt and to tune the carb the previus owner told me it was getting aroung 17mpg , now it is more in the 10-12mpg range

Vortec_Cruiser said:
That Holley should be okay as long as you don't try to take it off road. :D Your best bet is a stock Aisin carb.
Actually I tried it already and it works well , I think the PO already made some mods to make it off road friendly I will know in a few days once I get the kit
in the mail, I will take it apart and look at the jets
I did some hill climbing about 45-50 deg. up and downhill and the juice kept coming I know it's not a true test but if I had fuel delivery problems I would have known
:)
The main problem now is the gas leak

Well the rebuilt went well, I replaced the jets to a smaller size the leak is gone and looks like the gas mileage is much improved, the previous owner installed a set of jet extender and I left them in place.. I am happy in the future i might think about an aisin carb but for now this will do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom