FZJ80 Wiring Loom issue 1993 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I bought a 1993 FZJ80 with a blown 1FZFE. It a factory delivered Australian model

My issue is, I have bought a new 1fz to replace the old one and having troubles with the new loom matching into the chassis.

Everything plugs up alright, but this issue is the transmission. My model has separate ecu for the transmission, but my new engine came with the newer ecu which controls the engine and the trans.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
What options do I have??

It sounds as if you have an A442F in your truck and the engine you purchased came from a truck fitted with an A343F. That's the way the ECM/TCM are configured in the US anyway. Unfortunately, the two transmissions are controlled differently and there is no plug-and-play solution. To add insult to injury, Toyota didn't publish the specs for transmission control logic, at least not that I've seen.

What I would try is to compare the EWD for a 1993/1994 80 series with one from the year your engine came from, with respect to the TCM pinouts. This will give you a basic idea of what the in/out logic might be, between the two. There are very clear explanations of the transmission functions and shifting logic in both the FSM and transmission repair (rebuild, not on vehicle service) manuals. Together, this information might help you connect the later harness to the earlier standalone TCM.

If you're successful, you'll be the first I've ever heard of. No one on this side of the pond has had any luck with this problem, that I know of.

Alternately, you might have some luck with down under transmission guys; there is far more modder experience where you are than here.

Thanks for your reply!!

The engine definitely I bought definitely came with an a442f because i bough the transmission aswell!

It just is different at some point Toyota combined the two Ecus into one for the Australian market

Got it. Over here, our A442F ('93-'94) has a separate TCM and the A343F ('95-'2002, 80 & 100) has its TCM in the box with the ECM. So our harnesses are quite different from each other; I think (I haven't checked mine) the connectors are also different. So we'd have to repin a later connector to make this work.

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom