Canvas seat covers with good storage/built in organiser. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, thanks for the great replies guys. I have been extremely busy with work and just come back here to have a look. There's some great info here.

They aren't the best fit on the 80 seats (at least the bottom portion isn't), but I used some G.E.A.R. covers from Smittybuilt. About the only Smittybuilt product I'd ever use. Molle panels on the backs and lots of storage and they are really durable. I first had them in my Tacoma, where they fit better. When I put them in the 80, I just cut the bottoms off and used the backs.

I also tried the Cabelas Trail Gear seat covers. These are pretty durable, acceptable fitment (not great) and cheap. The cost made it worth trying them out. No real storage on the backs of these so the Smittbuit covers are better if you need the storage.

Smittybuilt was the name I was looking for I'm sure! I just had a look on their website on noticed they don't have any Landcruiser specific gear. Did you fit their Universal set to your Tacoma?

I had the same covers in my 60. They only lasted one summer’s heat.

Are you referring to the Smittybuilt set, NLXTACY? That may be a problem based in Australia.

These are the covers we will be importing.

The covers in the photos are just loosely fit on the seats, I had them off for some modifications. When tightened down with the underside lashing they fit like a glove. These are the nicest and toughest covers I have seen.

View attachment 1566441
View attachment 1566443

These do look great. Will they be available in gray or black? Not enough pockets on the back for me, but I could use one of the additional molle setups posted here.

This guy was in the small business section not sure if he is still making panels or not M.O.L.L.E. Gear For Your Land Cruiser 80 Series

These look good, I will send him a message and see how he is going with production, my only concern would be getting a seat cover for the rest of the seat to fit in behind. I suppose I could just screw them through.

May I suggest Grey Man Tactical...
Grey Man Tactical

Scroll down for pix. Product pages have MANY more user pix...

Use whatever seat cover you like.

This might be a good option if I go with just a standard seat cover.. Thanks for the link!

Damn. Might end up using a tight fitting canvas set and some kind of molle attachment for the back.
If you only consider covers with pockets attached, you severely limit your options.

That's what I'm thinking now.. I thought there might be more aftermarket options however it doesn't seem to be the case. There's some good manufacturers of seat covers here in Aus so I might go with a tried and tested set and add pockets via sewing and a back cover.

Wow, thanks for the great replies guys. I have been extremely busy with work and just come back here to have a look. There's some great info here.

Smittybuilt was the name I was looking for I'm sure! I just had a look on their website on noticed they don't have any Landcruiser specific gear. Did you fit their Universal set to your Tacoma?
Yes, I used the generic ones. They fit ok in my Tacoma. I've used the same ones in my 80 but the bottoms don't fit the 80 seats well at all, so I cut the bottoms off and still used the backs for the storage.

I am working on importing seat covers for the 80 series from a canvas company in Kenya. I had a full set of seat covers made for my 80 last March when I was in Kenya and has been testing them for durability the past few months before I bought a bunch to sell. I have been working with him on getting them made to fit the US spec power seats. They are hand made out of ripstop canvas with leather bolsters. I can post pictures of my seat covers tomorrow.

These? I just emailed them. Caprivi | Luxury Safari Gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom