Can't find the link... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IIRC, Shedguy owned that particular Cruiser before it was famous.

Well, before it was infamous maybe............. :D

Yes that was my old truck, the motor still exists in another 80, but the car was written off afew months after the Storman Norman put it through its paces at woodpecker. [the video]

What song is that in the background? I want to listen to that next time I am out on a trail.

Yikes!!!!!!!!! :eek:

What an awsome video. Shed dude, what did that truck have for suspension at the time of the video? I take it that was some sort of a time trial competition? My wife and I are still amazed at the video!

Forget suspension, where did you get birfields to survive that - krypton??

I am also amazed at several of those videos at that link. What's with the 2wd arab contingent??

The song is "Cotton Eyed Joe". It's a classic bluegrass song that was remixed by Rednex. It's available as a CD single with several different mixes on it, or on their "Sex & Violins" album.

[quote author=alia176 link=board=2;threadid=5883;start=msg46987#msg46987 date=1065139968]
What an awsome video. Shed dude, what did that truck have for suspension at the time of the video? I take it that was some sort of a time trial competition? My wife and I are still amazed at the video!

[/quote]

I use special grease in the birfs, which seems to work well, and the suspension was changed to Rancho shocks when Norman got the car I believe from my "special" Koni's, and a couple of spring spacers on the 851 front and 860 rear ARB springs. The event was Woodpecker gully, and good old Norman was about 2 minutes in front, with about 100m to go when it fell over.

It was that type of car though, you could treat it hard, and it took it, handled nicely, an dhad alot of weight stripped from it.

We did winch comps, timed events, rallies, offroad racing, trips, in it while I had it, and it had done 2 Aus Safaris too, so by the time Norman got it, it was well run in :D

Nice to hear about the Ranchos. Can you remember the model #s? Are the sway bars still attached at that time? You can tell, I'm fascinated with this vehicle :eek:

I had no idea that one could treat a LC in that manner and still take it out for a night on the town! The roll over seemed pretty gently. Did the guys simply upright it and continued to other events?

Again, truly an awesome video.

Thanks.

Got this pic from a friend the other day. Same crazy Oz event.

Who all is GUNG HO to load up and go to OZ to check some of this stuff out. I'd like to shake this Stormin' Norman's hand. It is truly an awesome video, but I can't say that I have the heart to do that to a Land Cruiser.(even if I had the $$) Maybe a J**P :) How cool would it be to load up a big arse boat full of NA Cruisers and take off to OZ. --> Just some wishful thinking on a FRIDAY!!

holy cow, this is some knarly s***! I should buy some video tapes from you Darren! I can kill hours hours wathcing the videos this winter!

These are a couple of videos (I hope) that my wife shot of me and the 97 when she flew up for a couple of weeks in 2000. Happy Valley is 2666k and Long Lake is 1296 to warn you. Hope "Home movies" are not too boring.
http://bkneptune.neptune.com/index2.html
Bill

Woodpecker isd a real brain out, dont take the daily driver type event, and so is the nissan trials, both in NSW, we have other events called the extreme winch challenge in Vic NSW and Qld, will find some footage of those, they would be more exiting than the outback challenge..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom