Cant figure out Key Fob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
I have been trying to get my keyless entry/security system working and cannot figure it out. I have searched, red and investigated all over the forum, but to no avail. I have confirmed that I do not have the Main Control Unit under my drivers seat.

What I do have is the 00016-30965-01 main control unit in the area under the dash to the left of the foot rest on the drivers side. I have the little security indicator light to the left of the instrument cluster lighting dimmer knob and all it is is a red pushbutton that will light up red. I cannot find any instructions that appear correct to help me with this. There also appears to be no "program button" on the main unit as it shows in the programming instructions I have come across.

Thanks for the help.

David

LC4LIFE,

I had something similar happened with mine. For some reason the LCs comings from the south-east will have a different system (according to the Toyota dealership). I could never trace mine to the south-east, but it was a weird case for sure.

Very long story short, in my case the instructions on the Slee site do not apply, and my unit was also under the dash, when the “normal” system will have it under the seat.

You need to look at the FCC ID on the main unit. It will be stamped on the case.

If it is “ELVAR6A” it is the same as mine and I have all the info you will need. Let me know !

If not, they try Googleing it, and search. After many hours of research I was able to figure out mine. I even had to buy the correct remote for it.

Bingo !!!!!!

Then what you actually have is a Prestige Platinun by Audivox alarm system, model APS-400.

The corresponding Keyless remote FCC ID is: ELVAT5G. Model APS 95 BT3.

The remote should look like the attached picture (yes!, very different).

If you don’t have the correct remote, then you can get it at a Toyota dealer in the south-east.

The part number is 0016-30960-03. The parts guy told me that 0016-30960-xx represent the entire system, and those are numbers that Toyota made up and only work in dealers down south-east. Using 01 for the last suffix is the main unit.

The numbers are very similar to yours, I wonder if you didn’t post it right?

Anyhow, I called Lehman Toyota in Miami FL (305-653-5855), and bought the correct remote for $29.70 (they had about 20 in stock)… it is actually less expensive than getting from eBay.

PM me your email address and I will send you all the manuals you need.

The programming process is not done via a “button”, but instead is one of those painstaking “open door, close after 3 seconds, insert key, bla, bla, bla,”.. it is all in the manuals. It took me at least 10 tries before I got it right.

NOW IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!

Man !, I’ve gotten such good info from this forum that it feels very nice to be able to contribute and help a fellow cruiser. Especially after it took me very long to figure this out, and I’m able to save you all the trouble
Remote.JPG

hzavarce,

Thanks so much!! it has been frustrating to say the least. I hope I can help out a fellow MUD member someday the way you have helped me. PM on the way.

Thanks again!!

you are my hero. nothing more.
thanks- been looking for info forever and you've found it.
i'm pm'ing.
thanks again.

jc

hzavarce,
I have the same problem to get the instructions to program the keyless remote fcc id: ELVAT5G, pls email me the instructions.My email address: danhhd@hotmail.com
Thank's in advance.

hzavarce

Thanks for figuring this out. I was starting to think that I had a unique system put in. Pm'ing you for the instructions.

Thanks

Remote ELVAT5G Instructions

I am also having difficulty finding instructions for remote ELVAT5G. My husband's remote broke and we bought a replacement at the dealer, but it has no instructions. If anyone can email them to me I would greatly appreciate it. eaton.amy@gmail.com
THANKS!

HI hzavarce, unlike other members I'm not a mud skipper this is funny enough, for my Son's 02 Celica which apparently have the same remote and don't have a clue on how to program it.
I purchased some very used remotes form iKeyless but I am yet to find the valet switch in the dashboard.
Do you have any ides what the valet switch is supposed to look like? or even if it is in the dashoard at all?
Do yo have any instructions on how to program this remote? Can you please e-mail me? .. please . .

Thanks;

Gonz

Just tell me what the green button is good for??????????????????????

I'm so glad to see this post. I have a LC from South East and it sounds like the same setup. It's been on my to do list for a long time. Thanks hzavarce. . . I may have to PM you as well to get the info.

Didn't know if anyone still had the instructions for the ELVAT5G?
Thanks a lot!

ELVAT5G

hzavarce,
I have the same problem to get the instructions to program the keyless remote fcc id: ELVAT5G, pls email me the instructions.My email address: danhhd@hotmail.com
Thank's in advance.
shean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom