Cant figure out Key Fob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hzavarce,
I have the same problem to get the instructions to program the keyless remote fcc id: ELVAT5G, pls email me the instructions.My email address: sheanctsou@gmail.com Thanks
shean

Need instructions for programming an ELVAT5G alarm remote control

Could anyone email me the instructions for programming my ELVAT5G alarm remote control? thanks a lot. paganini21@gmail.com

Thanks to everyone for this. My LC came from FL originally, and no one here in CA recognizes my alarm system. I have the same remotes. Thanks again.

Por favor, per post #13, what function does the green button on the remote perform?

LC4LIFE,

I had something similar happened with mine. For some reason the LCs comings from the south-east will have a different system (according to the Toyota dealership). I could never trace mine to the south-east, but it was a weird case for sure.

The reason for the difference is the way Toyota's, including Lexus are distributed in the Southeast Market. This is from Wiki but is accurate.....Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is the world’s largest franchised distributor of Toyota vehicles. The 172 dealers in the five states of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina & South Carolina account for 20% of Toyota sales in the United States. SET is a wholly owned subsidiary of JM Family Enterprises.(end)

JM Enterprises takes in Toyota vehicles off the boat and adds their own/selected aftermarket items on to many vehicles. Different rims, accessories, alarms, etc.etc.

This is a big markup for them and you used to be able to find some really expensive aftermarket kits slapped on the vehicles by JM. I often wondered about the quality of the products when I looked at them.

Also, JM Enterprises has the power to change factory options. Not done it in sometime but if you went and tried to build a Toyota with a Zip that fell into the JM Market group you got different options than one outside their zip code groups.

Looking for the ELVAT5G intructions to program / reprogram.

Tim Macking
macking@gmail.com

IIRC, some of the ebay sellers that have the remotes for sale also post the instructions for re-programming.

Still no instructions available?

I have a Florida LC with the Audiovox aps-400 TDS installed. I have the same ELVAT5G remote.. and found the main module 00016-30965-01 tucked up behind the main fuse box above drivers left foot. My FOBs died, and in exasperation I simply removed the main module .. problem solved, I can start the truck again. Am considering removing the entire TDS assembly, selling it, and getting a simple door lock remote.

Here is the manual for the system, I haven't seen it online.. hopefully it will be helpful to others.
Audiofox APS-400 manual 1994 - Google Drive

Included above are pictures of the main module and my key FOBs.

Thanks for the write up! I picked up a FL LC last month. I was doing some electrical work, so I disconnected the battery. When I reconnected it, the alarm tripped and the LC goes crazy. I tried unlocking and locking the LC. Nothing. I tried the ignition. Nothing. By this time, I've triggered the shock sensor a dozen times and the wife is not happy. I disconnected the horns and started fiddling with combinations to disable the alarm. Luckily, my key fob still works. It just needed a new battery, which I borrowed from my garage door opener. The red button on my fob seems to be the magic button (disable and enable). Also, I think the hood has to be closed in order to disable the alarm.

Everything's happy now, but I'm really not liking the idea of getting stranded if the car battery and key fob happen to die at the same time (Not likely, but still in the realm of possibility given my luck).

Do you pretty much cut out the Audiovox loom and you are good to go?

I have a Florida LC with the Audiovox aps-400 TDS installed. I have the same ELVAT5G remote.. and found the main module 00016-30965-01 tucked up behind the main fuse box above drivers left foot. My FOBs died, and in exasperation I simply removed the main module .. problem solved, I can start the truck again. Am considering removing the entire TDS assembly, selling it, and getting a simple door lock remote.

Here is the manual for the system, I haven't seen it online.. hopefully it will be helpful to others.
Audiofox APS-400 manual 1994 - Google Drive

Included above are pictures of the main module and my key FOBs.

Oh yes, that alarm is a PITA. I removed the entire TDS assembly (its listed for free on this site). Was satisfying to clear out the vampire taps. Installed this system "uxcell Universal Car Remote Control Central Kit Door Locking Keyless Entry System 12V" from Amazon. Pretty simple, specially while clearing out the old system. Did not hook up lights/horns to the new system. Only issue is the key fob unlock does not work if you've manually locked the car via the door.

Last edited:
Oh yes, that alarm is a PITA. I removed the entire TDS assembly (its listed for free on this site). Was satisfying to clear out the vampire taps. Installed this system "uxcell Universal Car Remote Control Central Kit Door Locking Keyless Entry System 12V" from Amazon. Pretty simple, specially while clearing out the old system. Did not hook up lights/horns to the new system. Only issue is the key fob unlock does work if you've manually locked the car via the door.
Hey Gary,
I'm thinking about removing the Audiovox alarm system in my LC. My lone key fob now drains its battery until it dies. So when the battery is dead on the fob, I have to disarm the system from inside by setting it off.

I noticed you removed some of the dash panels in your instructions on how to remove the alarm system. Do you recall which ones you had to remove to access the splices and taps?
TIA

Hi TIA,
To get behind the key area, you have to remove the piece of plastic below the wheel, which probably requires detaching a few things, then the metal panel below that. Just start removing what looks obvious, and you'll figure it out. You can take pictures or write down what you've removed, to make it easier to put stuff back.
I take out the driver seat whenever in this area, makes it much much easier to lay down and look up under the dash.
So far, no problems with the new keyless system. Have recently added a new double din unit to replace the worthless receiver and amp. Was also very enjoyable, and something I should have done years ago.
-Gary

I am also having difficulty finding instructions for remote ELVAT5G. My husband's remote broke and we bought a replacement at the dealer, but it has no instructions. If anyone can email them to me I would greatly appreciate it. naterobin79@gmail.com Thank you in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom