Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So we've been working behind the scenes on some really exciting news and can finally announce it. One of the reasons we decided to again race the @scoreinternational Baja 1000 this fall was the announcement from @jaos_corporation in the spring that they would be racing an LX600 in the Stock Full class. We love the idea of racing old against new head to head.

After an introduction between @d.akahoshi, @tomonori_noto and us by @smallspears (the Cruiser/LX community is indeed a tight knit one) we have formed a partnership with Jaos to provide race support for the 1000.

Working with them has been a great experience so far and we're really looking forward to November when we not only get to compete against an all new LX600 with our well used LC 200/LX570 but also help them achieve their Baja 1000 goals. We're Land Cruiser people first and foremost. We feel honored to share our experience with a group of enthusiasts from Japan.

View attachment 3115342

View attachment 3115343

View attachment 3115344

Hey Kurt - random question but why do both trucks run such small non-OEM mirrors?

Hey Kurt - random question but why do both trucks run such small non-OEM mirrors?
Anything large is just gonna get busted right off the truck. Very common to be in tight brush, smacking cactuses, and other race cars. Oh yeah mirrors wouldn't last long

Really curious to see how the new platform holds up under these conditions - especially the TT V6.
Same. I'm also curious how different the fuel usage is between the two formats..

Same. I'm also curious how different the fuel usage is between the two formats..

That is something we are looking closely at. We'll be doing some testing before the race with the LX600 and they've been testing in Japan and should have some pretty reliable mileage estimates to start from.

Seeing the body lift reminded me to ask - anything special about the radiator drop? Just a standard bracket or did toyota come up with something cool and fancy?

Seeing the body lift reminded me to ask - anything special about the radiator drop? Just a standard bracket or did toyota come up with something cool and fancy?

Geiser Brothers did the original build on the Canguro J201. I'll snap pics of the radiator mounting relative to the body.

Can you share anything about what suspension Jaos chose to run on their 600?

That is something we are looking closely at. We'll be doing some testing before the race with the LX600 and they've been testing in Japan and should have some pretty reliable mileage estimates to start from.
Is your interest from a curiosity standpoint or more for the logistics decisions in providing race support?

Can you share anything about what suspension Jaos chose to run on their 600?
Looks like KYB shocks, seem pretty small compared to Monica. Is Monica also running a tube from the pan hard mount to frame like they are on the 600?

JAOS Lexus LX600 Set to Take on the Baja 1000 - https://www.race-dezert.com/home/jaos-lexus-lx600-set-to-take-on-the-baja-1000-239505.html
220802_0192-scaled.jpg

220802_0494-scaled.jpg

Is your interest from a curiosity standpoint or more for the logistics decisions in providing race support?

Definitely curious but more from logistics on the race support and their mileage vs. ours.

Is Monica also running a tube from the pan hard mount to frame like they are on the 600?

No. We've not dealt with any cracking or issues with the frame side panhard/track bar mount. We have had issues on the axle side, primarily the captured nut breaking loose.

That’s dramatically smaller than Monica’s Kings! But Monica was custom built by a top TT builder. Hope those KYB’s hold up 😬
Yes, they would work for rally racing, not Baja. I bet some Class 11 bugs have more oil in their shocks than those KYBs. I have seen some massive reservoirs on them..
0e567995_cl11-rr-25640x480.jpg

What tuning software do you run? I read all 33 pages and must have missed it. I know you deleted most of the emissions stuff is why I ask.

What tuning software do you run? I read all 33 pages and must have missed it. I know you deleted most of the emissions stuff is why I ask.

All Toyota.

Do you just run dummy plugs for the 02 sensors or what?

It’s got some bypass components as well as some tape over flashing lights on the dash :D

They are planning on 6 mpg during race conditions. We plan at 5 mpg. Our tank is slightly bigger so pitting will be in the same location for each truck. That was a big relief and made my job much easier

They are planning on 6 mpg during race conditions. We plan at 5 mpg. Our tank is slightly bigger so pitting will be in the same location for each truck. That was a big relief and made my job much easier
Sorry if this has been asked but do you run any special race fuel or anything? Will they on the TTV6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom