Builds Canguro Racing's Monica (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Canguro 200 & team got a little love from BFGoodrich. We are flattered!

Canguro Racing

Nice.

And to top it off I have had that truck drip gear oil on my floor. Now I'm sorry I wiped it up. I should have roped the spot off and clear-coated it :grinpimp:

Nice.

And to top it off I have had that truck drip gear oil on my floor. Now I'm sorry I wiped it up. I should have roped the spot off and clear-coated it :grinpimp:

:D

And that was after we drained the front diff. That Swepco gear lube is so damn thick... it drips... and drips... and drips...

20180707_204201(0).jpg

We had a fantastic Jackpot 200 mile race yesterday in Northern Nevada. The Canguro 200 Series took a good beating over what we consider one of the rockiest courses we run. I co-drove lap 3 for @cruisermon and took the wheel for lap 4 with Brian A in the passenger side. Great times. Go Canguro Racing

We did wipe out a throttle body, we need to tear it down and determine if it was heat or silt. We swapped a new throttle body in between laps 1 & 2 and it solved the problem. We swapped the accelerator pedal after the Baja 1k as it was sticking down... a little sketchy coming into corners hot

I thought the gas pedal was permanently locked at WOT:rofl:

So about that failed throttle body unit. We are finishing up prep tonight for a race this Saturday and need to sort a spare. Our previous spare is now on the car. For giggles I drilled out the 6 rivets on the failed unit, as suspected... full of silt. All this despite having sealed the weep holes. There is not a gasket or sealant around the perimeter so that is likely the ingress point. The silt collects around the gear, motor and sensor and starts getting notchy to the point it starts going into limp mode. I may clean this one out thoroughly, test the motor and seal the cover/sensor much better. Perhaps a spare option?

20180821_202709.jpg

The silt/dust. Business card for reference :D

20180821_203250.jpg

Somewhere, I have the o-ring size for that seal groove. Stainless M5 x 10mm button head screws work perfect for reassembly, and future disassembly... they almost look like the rivets that were removed.

Somewhere, I have the o-ring size for that seal groove. Stainless M5 x 10mm button head screws work perfect for reassembly, and future disassembly... they almost look like the rivets that were removed.

We roughly measured an o-ring diameter that would work. We'll river it back together to prevent any appearance of tampering :D

Why do you suppose they used rivets instead of bolts? Is that Toyota's way to define a non serviceable unit, meaning replacement option only?

Why do you suppose they used rivets instead of bolts? Is that Toyota's way to define a non serviceable unit, meaning replacement option only?

Maybe marginally less likely to work their way loose, though I've had rivet heads break off so maybe not.

My guess would be to prevent entry, i.e. make it a "non-serviceable" unit, they don't sell any individual components so essentially they've done just that.

As that component has a direct impact on emissions compliance the manufacturer has a vested interest in making sure it is "tamper-proof" and not adjustable.

As that component has a direct impact on emissions compliance the manufacturer has a vested interest in making sure it is "tamper-proof" and not adjustable.

Well, it would appear it isn't tamper proof to Kurt :D

He prolly has a pocket-full of factory rivets.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom