can i get oil pressure from here? BJ73 3B (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking at 3B threads regarding where to tap oil pressure/oil feed from for a turbo. at the moment all i want is a second oil pressure gauge and future oil feed.

a lot of threads are for 40 series where access is available to the factory blanked plugs forward of the stock oil pressure sender along the ridge/hump which runs along the engine. On my BJ73 these are inaccessible due to the location of the A/C compressor.

But looking to the rear of the engine there are two plugs (as pictured below) can i use these for oil pressure and future turbo oil feed?

Thanks

Yes.

Dunno if it's a valid point as I have not put a mechanical oil pressure on both the front and rear plugs to see if there is a difference, but some have suggested feeding the turbo from the front most plug and feeding the gauge from the rearmost plug is a good thing. While your AC is above the front plugs you can still access them if you want. The following pictures are from a 13BT block but the oil gallery plugs should be same location and the 2nd link is to an adapter if you need that info.

13BT Oil gallery front plugs: Location of 13B-T oil lining? I thought I had posted a picture of the a 3B as well at some point, but can not find it now. Here is a thread showing two different setups: Oil Gallery Plugs

Adapter: 3B Oil Pressure???
hth's
gb

thanks mate! that answers my question, I need to have another look for the front plug behind the AC compressor because I could not even see it. If I do find it might do some pressure readings in both locations and see if there is a difference! I suppose the highest pressure spot would be best for a turbo feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom