Cable Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you, It seems he is no longer a member.
I'm leaning towards the 12 volt Guy kit. running it independently of the Factory set up on the front only.
It's $ 145. compared to $ 400. to $500 for a cable setup.
I just need to unplug the front Locker and see if the rear still works with the factory stuff.
When I get it sorted out I well post up.

It's weird that thread comes up on my tablet, but not on my home computer 🤷‍♂️

Thank you, It seems he is no longer a member.
I'm leaning towards the 12 volt Guy kit. running it independently of the Factory set up on the front only.
It's $ 145. compared to $ 400. to $500 for a cable setup.
I just need to unplug the front Locker and see if the rear still works with the factory stuff.
When I get it sorted out I well post up.

Pulling the plug on the front locker will not impact the operation of the rear locker.

The simplest and cheapest solution to the front only locker would be to insert a switch on the wire coming out of either pin 1 or 3 of the locker ECU. Those are are the power wires that run the rear diff lock motor. You would have to use the switch to disable power before switching on the lockers otherwise the rear locker would not release. This would be a minor inconvenience considering the few times you need the front locker only.

Rear locker interrupt.jpg

Pulling the plug on the front locker will not impact the operation of the rear locker.

The simplest and cheapest solution to the front only locker would be to insert a switch on the wire coming out of either pin 1 or 3 of the locker ECU. Those are are the power wires that run the rear diff lock motor. You would have to use the switch to disable power before switching on the lockers otherwise the rear locker would not release. This would be a minor inconvenience considering the few times you need the front locker only.

View attachment 2903355
Thank you, good info.

I like to run extreme trails, so I would end up using just the front locker more often, but the main issue is I need to be able to engage the front locker first then the rear with out disengaging the front locker.
Using a switch the way you describe I would have to turn the magic dial back to off and then start over with the added switch turned back on.
At least that's the way I understand it.
Or after the front is lock would I be able to just flip the switch and the rear would then lock. I was thinking not as the locker ECU well time out and have to be tuned off for the rear locker to lock ?
Confusing I know 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom