C1268 2000 Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys and gals, I’ve searched and had no luck. Everything pops up for the 200 series rigs.

driving my new to me land cruiser a couple weeks ago and I realized it has an Overdrive off button on the shifter. So I pushed said button, harsh down shift and then Christmas trees on the dash.

vsc, abs, all that fun stuff. So I clear the codes when I get to the family shop and go on. Noticing it hunts for gears especially in overdrive, in and out in and out. Only way to make it semi right is turn the overdrive off.

today I drive it it again and pull codes since I don’t have my own personal scanner.

the codes that pull are
C1223 abs fault
C1268 transfer L4 position switch circuit

no engine or trans codes.

I’ve found this flow chart, https://lc100e.github.io/manual/rm/rm970e/m_di_0294.pdf

Also should mention I was a tech for 15 years, I’ve just not got access to what I used to. But I’ve still got a multimeter and hope to get a better diagram.

input?

Thanks!

FAB4920C-E710-4156-9B90-C2A608C752DE.jpeg

I guess I never updated this.

Mine was hard to shift between high and low range due to the shifter linkage being stuck. I removed linkage and cleaned.

I also never had this problem after, pretty sure the transfer case wasn’t completely in gear when it was having the problem.

Any information on this, for fix? Having same issue
The FSM/EWD for your 100 series is in the Resources section. I'd start there.

Try cycling thru H-N-L on the tcase a few times (while stopped). This sensor is just a mechanical detent ball that gets pressed in (closes the circuit) when the tcase is shifted into low. (there's one for neutral too.)

Tcase could not be fully engaged in high, ball in sensor could be stuck, or wiring/electrical plug issue. Start with easy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom