C-Dan, Toyota ECU Terminal Repair Kit??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does Toyota offer a wiring harness repair kit? I am looking for an assortment of connectors to assist modifying my ecu and dash harness on my V8 conversion. I am not in need of any of the plastic connectors, just the internal metal pcs.

I saw in a old thread Cdan mentioning a "wiring harness repair book" is this a general toyota publication regarding all the common wiring items, or specific to the FZJ80.

Your help is appreciated!

Kirk

I beleive they are AMP connectors. There might be a 5 digit number on the side which is some sort of part number. I just did a search on AMP Connectors and found a few sites that sells the pins singularly. I think what Dan has is pins with a pigtail that get spliced in to the existing wire. You might want to look into just the pins as they would be cheaper and might justify the crimping tool for a better job.

You do not want the "kit". It is intended for dealer service departments and costs several hundred dollars. Individual "repair splices" which consist of the metal terminal, water-proof seals (where applicable) and a length of wire, are available individually for about 5 bucks a piece. The "book" is invaluable in identifying connector bodies and repair splices.

Additional information for you.

The "Wire Harness Repair" manual is publication number 00400-RM767E and can be obtained from the Toyota Material Distribution Center at 1-800-622-2033.

D-

Forget about the book. cruiserdan misspoke: "The 'crusierdan' is invaluable inidentifying connector bodies and repair splices." All you have to do is crawl around with a cell phone and count pins. Now, a better question is what people do with these 'splices'. With mine, I twisted, soldered, covered with 3M adhesive-lined heat-shrink and silicon tape - wrapped the whole bundle when doing my e-locker retrofit. Bulletproof, but *ugly* and much larger than the rest of the bundle.

cruiserdan said:
Individual "repair splices" which consist of the metal terminal, water-proof seals (where applicable) and a length of wire, are available individually for about 5 bucks a piece. The "book" is invaluable in identifying connector bodies and repair splices.

I bought the book, THANKS CDAN! This will help me get this job done right. Plus Beno is documenting the job, we will have the info to pass on to other what wiring changes to make on the TCM/ECT computer.

As to how to splice, I am a believer in the solder/shrink butt connectors. You can get them at reputable auto suppliers (not autozone) like NAPA. They are pricey, about $1.5 per connection. They are truly waterproof and good conductors.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Kirk

cruiserdan said:
Individual "repair splices" which consist of the metal terminal, water-proof seals (where applicable) and a length of wire, are available individually for about 5 bucks a piece.

Can these repair splices be purchased with a specific wire color-code? IOW, can you buy a blue-black splice? What about wire size?

-B-

You get what they have for any particular terminal type. Some terminal types have multiple gauges offered, but not all of the gauges that are used in the truck. No multiple choice on colors for same terminal / wire gauge.

Rich is correct. You often end up with a splice that is larger than the original wire but that is better than a new wiring harness......

aim said:
.... With mine, I twisted, soldered, covered with 3M adhesive-lined heat-shrink and silicon tape - wrapped the whole bundle when doing my e-locker retrofit. Bulletproof, but *ugly* and much larger than the rest of the bundle.

If the repair splice is long enough, cut each wire about an inch shorter than the last one, do the opposite on the harness side. Then the splices will be staggered in the harness, making less of a lump and if the insolation on a splice fails there is less chance of a short.

Bringing this back to the top. Can you get just the metal spade terminal, or does it always come with a length of wire already attached. I need all three female ends that go in connector "BS2". (the one in drivers side rear hatch area) Can I please get a part number and price on these, no matter how they come? Thanks.

The factory splices are all terminated with a ~6 inch piece of wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom