Engine Bay Terminal Connectors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, so I was looking into an idle issue and noticed just about every one of my wires on my MAF, TPS and IAC are in bad shape.

Does anybody know the correct terminal size / type that these housings use?
Any recommendation on mud vendors or suppliers to order the copper connectors and seals from?

already have a crimper and extra wire, so would prefer to crimp my own connectors rather than splicing repair wires from Toyota if I can avoid it. Thanks

20240130_134658.jpg

20240130_134738.jpg

Last edited:
Ballenger motor sports sells the Sumitomo housing with a pigtail. Or Toyota sells the pins with wires also. Look on the housing there is a 5 digit number that you can type in and search google.

Hey, so I was looking into an idle issue and noticed just about every one of my wires on my MAF, TPS and IAC are in bad shape.

Does anybody know the correct terminal size / type that these housings use?
Any recommendation on mud vendors or suppliers to order the copper connectors and seals from?

already have a crimper and extra wire, so would prefer to crimp my own connectors rather than splicing repair wires from Toyota if I can avoid it. Thanks

View attachment 3549345

View attachment 3549346

Thanks for your help, I might not have been specific tho... im seeking the little copper terminal and seal that crimps onto the wire then clips inside the 90980-11144 housing. (Without the wire attached and without the plastic housing. Was hoping to avoid the pigtail/splice.)

wanting the Sumitomo (or Yagasi?) electrical components and seals individually. They look much like a MT .090, so was hoping someone might have done this before.

I might reach out to ballenger Monday, maybe they can set me up. TY

I've been there before, and either I am overlooking it, or it has literally everything except for what I was needing.... It's a long-ass post will look over it again later tonight. Thanks

The link I sent you sells everything you need. Download the ewd in the resources section it had all the details you need.

I can't vouch for that specific terminal, but I've purchased many from Ballenger
motorsports for building harnesses with factory Toyota connectors.

I can't vouch for that specific terminal, but I've purchased many from Ballenger
motorsports for building harnesses with factory Toyota connectors.
Thanks, That's really helpful.. I had some issues with crappy injector connectors from Amazon when I did my HG, that wasted so much time I swore I would only use OEM housings going forward. So many of them being sold online are crappy quality

This is what you want for specifics it covers extensively what you are after. Looks like a 2.3 pin is what you’re after. Good luck reading that
I think that might be exactly what I was looking for, Thank you!! I assume that came out of the EWD you linked me to? thanks so much!

I think that might be exactly what I was looking for, Thank you!! I assume that came out of the EWD you linked me to? thanks so much!

@fjbj40 ,

Thanks again for your help! I would have never have come across that wire harness repair manual on my own. You saved me a lot of time and, like you said, I found the gold plated pin terminals, seals, wire loom, and a few other things I couldn't live without at the ballenger site you pointed me to- ordered them a few hours ago... (those pins arent cheap! and I like that they carry the raychem butt splices, those are amazing!) Hopefully I'm gtg before the weekend! Cheers!

Thanks for your help, I might not have been specific tho... im seeking the little copper terminal and seal that crimps onto the wire then clips inside the 90980-11144 housing. (Without the wire attached and without the plastic housing. Was hoping to avoid the pigtail/splice.)

wanting the Sumitomo (or Yagasi?) electrical components and seals individually. They look much like a MT .090, so was hoping someone might have done this before.

I might reach out to ballenger Monday, maybe they can set me up. TY

Best option will be to buy connector, seal and pigtails as a kit from Balenger. Or, just buy connector, terminal and seal. They have multiple options.
They are dirt cheap and OEM quality, and the old connector housings aren't likely to survive the process of repinning IME

@fjbj40 ,

Thanks again for your help! I would have never have come across that wire harness repair manual on my own. You saved me a lot of time and, like you said, I found the gold plated pin terminals, seals, wire loom, and a few other things I couldn't live without at the ballenger site you pointed me to- ordered them a few hours ago... (those pins arent cheap! and I like that they carry the raychem butt splices, those are amazing!) Hopefully I'm gtg before the weekend! Cheers!
I use the Raychem splices at work frequently. They are the only approved ones we can use on aircraft. Nice thing about them is they are not much larger than the original wire once installed so the bundle doesn’t get fat vs the old style of butt spices.

I use Cycle Terminal quite a bit. Fast and reasonable shipping.

🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom