Buying/Selling - what year, how much, etc. - ask for opinions here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone here actually had sucxess shipping a vehicle across the country? If so, I need your wisdom! I'm striking out on uShip.

There are specific transport companies used just for automobiles. I've shipped my srt8, z06 and lx470 just by using Google and typing in automotive transporter.

You will have a blast of emails with quotes and questions if you want and enclosed carrier or open. Truthfully I've always used open and never had any problems. Any further questions just message me.
Has anyone here actually had sucxess shipping a vehicle across the country? If so, I need your wisdom! I'm striking out on uShip.

I've been looking seriously for about a month and found a really clean 05 LC with 169k miles, one owner, clear car fax with a descent service history, even the color I want. The dealer is asking $13.8k, I originally wanted something with fewer miles but the couple I've looked at were really beat to hell even tho they had about 40k less miles. My question is should the miles bother me if if well taken care of? This will be my DD and weekend warrior for road trips with the family, beach driving and occasional easy trail rides. No rear DVD, no big deal to me, no tow hitch which I'll definitely need. What would you guys offer?

2000 lx470 w/ 72k in Mansfield, TX (DFW area) for $15,900.

Lexus LX470. 72K Miles. 1 Owner. ALL ORIGINAL!!!! Wow!

I bought a car in Los Angeles and had it shipped to NJ. I wanted it in an enclosed carrier since it was a vintage vehicle and a convertible. I used www.horselesscarriage.com . They had a truck in CA that was headed back across the country so my timing was good. Great communication and the car arrived in perfect condition. I would strongly recommend them.

169k miles is barley broken-in. Is/if well taken care of, it will last forever. Offer $12.5 but really the price is good at $13.8. Trailer hitch's are around for ~$100 on CL, the fact is doesn't have one is a plus. Just make sure no rust and rust protect for your area.

Last edited:
a really clean 05 LC with 169k miles, one owner, clear car fax with a descent service history, even the color I want. The dealer is asking $13.8k, I originally wanted something with fewer miles

An '05 with no rust, 169k and good maintenance records is a near steal at $13.8 in my opinion. Wouldn't last long here in CA.

rj

I've been looking seriously for about a month and found a really clean 05 LC with 169k miles, one owner, clear car fax with a descent service history, even the color I want. The dealer is asking $13.8k, I originally wanted something with fewer miles but the couple I've looked at were really beat to hell even tho they had about 40k less miles. My question is should the miles bother me if if well taken care of? This will be my DD and weekend warrior for road trips with the family, beach driving and occasional easy trail rides. No rear DVD, no big deal to me, no tow hitch which I'll definitely need. What would you guys offer?

I'd pay the 13.8 and drive away extremely happy. That's a great price.

You better buy that 05 if you are serious about it. Good one seems to disappear in a day or two.

Going to see it Weds.

Hey everyone, I need some help pricing my rig for sale. I have a 2000 that is rust free and up to date on maintenance. It has 237 thousand miles on it. I bought it when it had 134 thousand miles on it. Recent new parts include factory steering rack and water pump and timing belt, and alternator. It doesn't leak. Paint on the hood and front fenders is baked. There are a few dents from the wife. Interior is pretty good. Tires are about two years old. Newer brakes too. So whats a fair price to ask ?

An 07 LX470 with 85,000mi just popped up on the market in Rapid City, SD. Dealer says the price is 26k and to call for the internet price. No pics on the site yet. White in color.

Hey everyone, I need some help pricing my rig for sale. I have a 2000 that is rust free and up to date on maintenance. It has 237 thousand miles on it. I bought it when it had 134 thousand miles on it. Recent new parts include factory steering rack and water pump and timing belt, and alternator. It doesn't leak. Paint on the hood and front fenders is baked. There are a few dents from the wife. Interior is pretty good. Tires are about two years old. Newer brakes too. So whats a fair price to ask ?
Pictures.

That's a great price on a well-maintained 04/05. It will sell quickly. I just scored a similar deal on my 04 LX (168k, 2-Owner, bought, serviced, and sold exclusively by the same dealer since new, with impeccable service history since Day 1, wintered in Florida until 4 years ago). I put a deposit on the car (sight unseen) 10 minutes before someone walked in off the street and tried to buy it. Over the next week (while they were arranging transport 600 miles to me), 3 other people tried to buy it.

Last edited:
An 07 LX470 with 85,000mi just popped up on the market in Rapid City, SD. Dealer says the price is 26k and to call for the internet price. No pics on the site yet. White in color.
Do you know the interior color? Would you mind sending me the dealer it is at? I tried googling and couldn't find anything.

I reposted my 94k mile, black/tan stick 2005 LC in the FS section at $23.5k or best offer. Wasn't getting many hits above $24k that were serious, so I got more flexible on pricing.

I'm probably gonna post mine soon in NOVA if anyone local is looking for one. '00 with 202k, white/tan, see sig. Shoot me a PM if so, close to pulling the trigger on a GX460

Do you know the interior color? Would you mind sending me the dealer it is at? I tried googling and couldn't find anything.
The vehicle is at McKie Ford.
VIN:
JTJHT00W174023107, does not list interior color.

8500ish? I just bought a 2001 LX with 160,000 miles in very good condition for 11K out the door from a dealer in Phoenix with maint records from day one. Another dealer has a similar vehicle for $700 less. (asking 10,3)
Yours has 7 more years worth of mileage, baked paint, damage and "pretty good" interior. JMTC.

Just picked up a black 2004 LX470 with 123k miles for $11.9. Good service records, 100k service, everything works, interior pretty nice, couple usual dings here/there but very clean, always garaged.
Wow that is great to hear, great price. Congrats!!

Got any pictures?

rjones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom