How important is it to pre-baseline? Looking at buying an '03 LC100 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There's a very nice, clean and original looking 2003 w 150k selling in Deltona FL Craigslist, asking $15500.. It attracted my attention cause it looks exactly like mine, just nicer.. no affiliation to the seller at all.
I'd go for an original mall cruiser and update/baseline or customize/improve based on needs, not based on what the market pushes. Toyota did OK already.
Too many Jeeps and Tacomas w 35-37" wheels and original drivetrains on the road.

30k is nuts. You can get a comparable in mileage 200 for that now.

Don't let the sexy accessories seduce you, you're much better off with a stockish truck with good maintenance records than one that's been modified. Price range is high unless the modifications are significant and of the highest level.

30k is indeed a lot of money. And 5 owners is definitely not good. Even assuming they all did at least baseline preventative maintenance; that's still 5 times the vehicle has changed hands. Different people, different driving habits, different ideas (or lack of) proper maintenance. Id run away from this as fast as I can.

For 30k (Canadian) here I've seen JDM low km-stack of records-not a spec of rust examples for sale. 30k benchmark should net you a rig that is bulletproofed, well maintained, and at least 10k of mods on it imo. It's a 20+ year old vehicle. Toyota or not it's old.

I'm also a believer that high miles (highway, well maintained miles) is better than low mileage rigs with dubious maintenance records. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom