Builds - It Started with a Rusty Screw - KZJ78 Prado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After taking door apart and making various uneducated guesses with jumper wires, I figured out that the motor still works. Ordered a new switch.

PXL_20210411_175221523.jpg

Got new switch in a week from UAE and it was indeed the switch. Put in a new vapor barrier using some 3M caulk strips and a cheap shower curtain, added a new color matching door latch pull, and installed my early '90's grafix door panel with my 10 year olds very fine assistance.

PXL_20210704_022202686.jpg

Refreshed battery trays and new hardware for good measure. Omitted reinstall of headlamp fluid reservoir to save room for future electrical accessory control and relay system (tbd).

PXL_20210707_015508963.jpg

View attachment 2724989

my setup
KZJ70 single batt
Talk to me about what you are using there for your accessories. I like it.
Agreed! I was thinking about trying to resurrect my headlight washer system since it is useful in the winter, but that setup you have @Zorlac looks really nice. I actually have the same BlueSeas fuse panel in a box of parts somewhere, I may have to copy you! What is hiding underneath the mounting panel?

Talk to me about what you are using there for your accessories. I like it.

Agreed! I was thinking about trying to resurrect my headlight washer system since it is useful in the winter, but that setup you have @Zorlac looks really nice. I actually have the same BlueSeas fuse panel in a box of parts somewhere, I may have to copy you! What is hiding underneath the mounting panel?

Well,
first my apologies for answering today
Regarding the steup that I assembled, I must point out that my 1995 RJ70 was orginal with 22R (carb) G52, oem winch and 4.88 gears with factory rear locker.

When I bought it, the previous owner had made a "mix" from a wrecked KZJ71, so the 1KZTE matted with the factory R151F and all the RHD harness were installed in my 70 (electric as flintstones mode that ... sadly)

that was the past, now after several improvements that I have made on my own, repair the harness, separate a lot of things, reconnect the elocker, change the gears to 4.10 (1KZ with 33 "and 4.88 works like a nightmare)
now with 4.10 works like a charm

Eaton type front locker, use factory swtich FR, RR so looks good.
For all of the above, I required a new fuse box, I had already had experience with Blue Sea, so I repeated the dish.

For more comfort I took out the seats and replaced them with the OEM 2010 Tundra Limited, now with leather and a higher backrest it is more comfortable and smooth to ride.

what is missing is to reconnect the AC (which "partially eliminated" it in the swap ...)
and other things.

The resorvoir of washer for headlights I removed it because in addition to not having the switch, I find it unnecessary, it is better to use that space for something else, maybe the reservoir will use it to replace the one for the windshiled, I should measure which one has more capacity ...

I hope to upload photos when I can (update)

Greetings!
Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom