1994 LC prado modernization (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello,
my name is Baha I recently joined the forum and I am active duty military. I just purchased a 1994 LC Prado in Japan and is the car I am taking back to the states, just need some help in modernizing some small things so bear with me as i list some things that i see with my car, any help and recommendations would be amazing, so here we go.

Headlights-what LED headlights are y'all using and which ones i can order from amazon or any website.
radio- good speaker recommendations front and back and if anyone knows if the doors come prewired for speakers that would be awesome.
I already purchased set of light pods.
which model of Toyota year and model shares the same parts and for my 94 LC

I already purchased sound deadening tape and planning to put it this weekend.

my overall goal is to turn it into a good off roader overlander.

i noticed a couple of things in my LC the windows go up slow and it looks like the actual glass window is loose it flops from side to side while going up I believe all windows i see them to that. if i can get some help i really appreciate it in correcting the issue. also, my speedometer is bouncing but is giving me the right speed.

is there a place where i can order parts once i am back in the states, such as off roading parts, suspension parts and engine parts.

thanks everyone!

buy several used Aiba Works roof racks for FRP tops and sell me one when you get here.

Greetings,
If you plan on upgrading to LED flashers, I highly recommend this non-polarity relay, as you won’t have to utilize the bridge that comes from the factory.

If you’re looking to upgrade/replace hubs, then AVM 463’s are a direct fit and very easy to install. I have them on mine and they’ve been serving well this far.

I’m also active duty currently. Do you happen to be in Okinawa?

I'm sure there are better performers, but I installed these headlights and it was a massive upgrade over the OEM halogens.

Ironman and Dobinsons both offer suspension kits specific to the KZJ78. I've had and liked both. It seems the Ironman can be more budget friendly, or at least they have more frequent and more substantial sales. I'm sure there must be other choices too.

For parts, Cruiserteq is an excellent US source. They also build solution kits (e.g., timing belt kit) so you don't have to chase down every part number to build your own. Partsouq ships from overseas and has a deeper inventory of parts. They end up coming close to each other on price - Partsouq has a lower part price but higher shipping costs.

The Prado sucks for speaker options. Dash speakers are only 4" and not in a great location for either sound quality or replacement ease. The rear can fit 6.5"... I had to get creative to come up with a mounting bracket, but that could be because a prior owner had already replaced the OEM speakers and maybe they tossed a usable bracket specific to that spot.

If you have the instrument cluster out for a speedo cable change, I'd upgrade the cluster lights to improve visibility of the cluster at night (mine at least was very dim). The same bulb also can replace the turn signal indicator bulbs, but these might be a bit bright for that purpose.

These are good for the overhead lights, though some might find these too bright.

Try cleaning and lubing the roller tracks on the window first. Sometimes that does enough to get the window up and down movement to be normal speed. Other times you might have to replace the regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom