Builds - It Started with a Rusty Screw - KZJ78 Prado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Starting another build thread for yet another JDM KZJ78 that's landed in PacNW..or rather hoping to continue the good work started by @Lenny33 who let me pick up where he left off. He has a great build thread as well. Lenny33 put alot of great mechanical work to bring this machine to a great level. I hope to document the rest of that journey here and get some of that great 'mud support along the way. I've graduated from my 40 series onto a new adventure with an even more interesting and complex machine. Loving the 70-series corner so far!

0BC4CDDC-5098-470A-AAA6-3940B6629E40 (1).jpeg

My otherwise lovely truck has a rusty indicator screw. And my OCD is in full effect. Time to order some parts!

PXL_20210404_204923770~3.jpg

PXL_20210409_223250568.jpg

This is AWESOME!! I can’t wait to see you build on my old girl! I made the right choice, for me, to get rid of her, but I sure do miss her! I think the most fun for me was learning about Diesel engines and coaxing some better performance out of her.

Fabricated pax seat mount for fire extinguisher. Started with cardboard cutout.

IMG_20200329_134636.jpg

Casualty of the trail. Heard something break and the housing had just cracked in half. Took the opportunity to get new spindles that work directly with locking manual hubs. Prado originally came with electric hub and there was adapters needed with original setup to use manual lockers. Ditched the adapters and also got some new manual locking hubs. Working great.

16226924046361637411223905503256.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you order your parts from? I've tried a couple of dealerships but my orders keep getting canceled.
For strictly OEM stuff, I've had great luck with Partsouq. The orders get here faster from UAE than from anywhere else I have ordered from. Has excellent parts interface and often photos. Megazip also good. I've had poor performance from online US based dealerships and suppliers.

For upgrades, as well as some good quality OEM-or better parts that are more suspension and drivetrain related, there are of course some good sponsoring vendors on here like Cruiser Outfitters who will work closely with you.

Last edited:
For strictly OEM stuff, I've had great luck with Partsouq. The orders get here faster from UAE than from anywhere else I have ordered from. Has excellent parts interface and often photos. Megazip also good. I've had poor performance from online US based dealerships and suppliers.

For upgrades, as well as some good quality OEM-or better parts that are more suspension and drivetrain related, there are of course some good sponsoring vendors on here like Cruiser Outfitters who will work closely with you.
Yeah the US Toyota dealerships make it harder to get OEM stuff like hardware even though on their systems they show as in stock. I haven't tried Partsouq but I will give it a shot. My friend who is still stationed in Japan is moving in August this year so I need to get familiar with another site lol

Nothing like the joy of getting a $0.50 piece of plastic flown from half way around the world and having the satisfaction of a simple fix with an OEM part.

PXL_20210704_022308533.jpg

PXL_20210704_022415943.jpg

PXL_20210704_022421507.jpg

Window won't roll up so I have this amazing replacement.

PXL_20210411_175211322.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom