Builds building a landcruiser for overland expedition (1 Viewer)

Should we paint Nulla’s camper cab blue?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Box van and other extended chassis vehicles, like my Ford f550, have a two piece rear driveshaft with a carrier bearing. Very long lasting if the angles are right. If you move the rear axle back a few feet, I would wager a two piece driveshaft with a carrier bearing is the only way to make it work.

With this camper box, we might have to move back the rear axel of the Nulla to avoid a long over hang.
I say move that axle to the rear..... \
it will give yah a better ride quality and seen that how and where you use your rig (open spaces) you should have no issues
On the other side the vehicle will be less maneuverable in tight spots...

Awesome to see you do this to such an iconic rig.....!!!

put your truck on a scale ,
max load fully charged 3500 kg .
all extra weight good to dump .
in my humble opinion you are farrrrr too heavy .

put your truck on a scale ,
max load fully charged 3500 kg .
all extra weight good to dump .
in my humble opinion you are farrrrr too heavy .
Got it, the main goal of this remodeling is to lose the weight that we have added over the years, I hope to get 3,500kg or lower.

The axel will be move back 400mm (16”) the current wheel base of the Nulla is 3.35m (11”). The picture below is to scale. The camper shell will be attach to the cabin, but will allow for some flexing. Would like a shorter overhang but we are balancing between manuvereality and structural strength since Nulla is build as an off road capable camper.

8388B05B-9453-4BAC-9318-46344FF15C62.png

Here a recent scale drawing the axel is move back 400mm (16”). We cut the camper box to shorten the over hand to 1600mm (5’). We are also putting pull out drawers on both running board for storage. This phase of the build is probably the most important, it is the foundation.

07534E60-3BD3-4B28-A2BA-8D3F67988E9E.png

What about cutting the crew cab just for the 2 front seats .
You can still retain the look , but use the extra space for living box.
Keeping the length reasonable, noneed to move the rear axel, and improve greatly the inside use of space.
Without mentioning some money savings.

What about cutting the crew cab just for the 2 front seats .
You can still retain the look , but use the extra space for living box.
Keeping the length reasonable, noneed to move the rear axel, and improve greatly the inside use of space.
Without mentioning some money savings.
The area behind the front seat will be open up, the plan is for the passenger seat and driver seat to swivel back, trying to figure that out cause the space is tight, in either case that area will be a living area but not same space as you are suggesting if we cut the cab. (The cost of that is probably same as moving the axel) We think the living area we will have in this configuration is sufficient. I will post the floor plan when it is done. We spend most of our time outside, the outside kitchen is one of the most important thing.

One another subject, do you or anyone know of a garage in the area who is very familiar with the 12ht engine? We are also trying to improve the performance of our engine. You can post here or send me a PM.

thanks for your input

We are excited to let you know that the work on the Nulla has began on the chassis extension. The extension is 400mm (16”). The new wheelbase will be 3657mm (12’) center to center. If you are on Instagram you can follow the build here Login • Instagram - https://instagram.com/adventuretruckslovenia?utm_medium=copy_link you can also follow the build and our travel @nullacrising We will also continue to post update here. We are currently Overlanding mainland Mexico.enjoy 👍🏽🇵🇭🇲🇽
Adventure Truck Slovenia also posted the Nulla build on YouTube

4C3F0DCD-9D2E-4969-82A4-417E6E875FD6.jpeg

C8002A8A-6B75-4470-9811-55240C232727.jpeg

A25FFB1E-DEBF-455C-92C3-C6234E9B0994.jpeg

Last edited:
Nulla is getting operated today 😅 she will be cut on the lines to open up the cab for the camper box. Including half of the top area, where the bed will fold up to expand the standing area.

210C287C-38DB-4CA4-A6C2-9C347E3D5840.jpeg

33B29540-7799-4F53-B4C2-BBAE64199D12.jpeg

B29FA345-1551-4A18-9876-316658D21FD0.jpeg

8D6E6341-97F7-4346-B07C-374585B00CD7.jpeg

Here are some pictures the last picture is the extension of the chassis to the rear where camper box will seat.enjoy👍🏽

805E8B41-7B25-4C26-B6A3-72A95C2DE561.jpeg

FE71E3D8-545A-4F8F-8249-29C547CDC031.jpeg

3AFF23E3-F565-432D-9BFE-59A71D432BB1.jpeg

are you losing those quarter windows ? or will they still be there once everything is said and done....

Hope they stay ... !!!

are you losing those quarter windows ? or will they still be there once everything is said and done....

Hope they stay ... !!!
Sorry they are gone. We want to create a smooth flow between the cab and the camper, hard decision but we had to make it. This is the final evolution of the Nulla. We are driving her around the world she need to be comfortable & capable. Picture below is when we just got her. Check out our travel @nullacruising

D147434E-7013-47D8-BDB8-CAFE2E20C682.jpeg

i hear yah....and understand your point of view.......
Thanks for sharing the transformation of such a great looking rig .........!!

Today Nulla went out to check alignment of the chassis extension using laser, it was perfect.

Are you willing to let us know a ballpark cost for this kind of surgery? I’m super interested to know. You guys have had a pretty wild ride with Nulla, such a fun expression session with no doubt a lot of learning along the way.

Are you willing to let us know a ballpark cost for this kind of surgery? I’m super interested to know. You guys have had a pretty wild ride with Nulla, such a fun expression session with no doubt a lot of learning
Yes I am, but I think it would better to do that towards the end of the retrofit/build. This way the conversation will be based on the outcome. I will continue to give updates here so that you can see the progress. The timeline for completion is June 2022. Thx for your interest.👍🏽 Follow our travels @nullacruising
along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom