Builds building a landcruiser for overland expedition (3 Viewers)

Should we paint Nulla’s camper cab blue?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Camper box is now painted deep blue Toyota color, matted black on trim, storage boxes, roof rank and bumpers. We like it👍🏽

151295F2-93E3-4DCD-A50E-41492A289D7E.jpeg

91F4FFE7-AC8E-410B-AD9F-27AABEE4982A.jpeg

8DD958B4-1DEB-4AF0-90FE-E59F0954C150.jpeg

BBF879AF-023C-4FA1-8FC7-E09A4F139023.jpeg

No rear or side door?

Nulla is at the mechanic for some mechanical upgrades 1. The oil pan has a very small leak around the seal, this is is the second time I am re sealing the oil pan in 3 year. I wonder if there is other solution to this? It is a 12th engine.
2. Nulla has a Gturbo, I want to upgrade the boost controller. I am looking for suggestions. I also posted on diesel tech forum.thx

Nulla’s electronic brain, 800 watt solar panel, 2000 amp inverter, water filtration system, AC, red & white lights with dimmers … etc, etc…..

63FAA2BF-DC7E-4B28-8A7B-F9A14C20ADE4.jpeg

Maybe look into an airbag system that will also level Nulla when set up for the night.

You ever thought of doing coil conversion on the front axle... there would be a lot more product selection to dial in the ride including shocks.....
Airbags on the rear would the the ticket...

Maybe look into an airbag system that will also level Nulla when set up for the night.

Thx, Nulla has air bags in the rear only, see pictures. I cannot open the link you send. Thx

You ever thought of doing coil conversion on the front axle... there would be a lot more product selection to dial in the ride including shocks.....
Airbags on the rear would the the ticket...
No I like the lift springs in the front. Thx

I need your suggestions, how do I make Nulla ride smoother, I predict she will be about 9000 pound fully loaded. We have installed arb oem bp51 on all four. What else should we do? Thank you. Old Man Emu 4X4 Suspension - ARB Europe - https://arbeurope.com/old-man-emu-4x4-suspension/?gclid=CjwKCAjwqauVBhBGEiwAXOepkb-pjjO5b8KnlmTW3Mkl7_2jjcSM8XLnzqq2cdSwhT30pM9ELbcdgxoClCgQAvD_BwE

View attachment 3035429

View attachment 3035430

View attachment 3035431
Have you put her on a set of 4-wheel scales yet? how even have you distributed her weight? It will make a huge improvement in the ride/steering if she is balanced. You may also want to incorporate some bump stops. Nice job!
G

Have you put her on a set of 4-wheel scales yet? how even have you distributed her weight? It will make a huge improvement in the ride/steering if she is balanced. You may also want to incorporate some bump stops. Nice job!
G
We will put it on the scale when it is done. I know we need to match lift springs to the weight. I am also looking to inflate my airbags remotely connected to my air compressor. What people using to inflate air bags remotely? Thx

We will put it on the scale when it is done. I know we need to match lift springs to the weight. I am also looking to inflate my airbags remotely connected to my air compressor. What people using to inflate air bags remotely? Thx
Don't be like too many folks out there that wait till the end...it gets more expensive to move things around when finished...

Hi , I see that you are in Europe refurbishing your rig .
Beware that in Europe there are strict laws on gross weight of vehicles , and driving licenses allowed to drive them .
General rule is 3500 kg for a standard vehicle fully loaded .
And it applies also to a standard driving license .
Over that weight , you go into a specific driving license and the vehicle is no more a car but a truck .
As far as you Toyota is clearly heavily modified , and well over 3500 fully loaded , you could enconter some police check .
In case they find that your driving license is not up to the weight of the vehicle , despite the fine , you are not allowed to continue your trip .
Vehicle will be towed and stored till a fully licensed driver will pick it up .
Might never happen , but by the look of the rig you have , it is not a remote chance !
Beware !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom