Builds building a landcruiser for overland expedition (5 Viewers)

Should we paint Nulla’s camper cab blue?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since our travel in that part of the world is on pause because of Covid we are looking for a Overlander truck builder in the “area” to do some major upgrading of the Nulla for the next phase of our travel to Mongolia and beyond. We will keep you posted when we find a builder. Meanwhile we continue to travel the US and hopefully cross into Baja California in the next month. The rig we are using is a Mitsubihi Delica JB500 2.5 turbo diesel we call Bulla. Our website is Nullacruising.com Thx
4E4446D1-5325-4AD3-AF25-25448F3223F4.jpeg

Since our travel in that part of the world is on pause because of Covid we are looking for a Overlander truck builder in the “area” to do some major upgrading of the Nulla for the next phase of our travel to Mongolia and beyond. We will keep you posted when we find a builder. Meanwhile we continue to travel the US and hopefully cross into Baja California in the next month. The rig we are using is a Mitsubihi Delica JB500 2.5 turbo diesel we call Bulla. Our website is Nullacruising.com ThxView attachment 2520315
in what Area are you searching. I got some good places in Germany ;)

in what Area are you searching. I got some good places in Germany ;)
Germany can be an option, do you have a website for the place? Eastern Europe would probably be easier given where i am going. I am open. Thx

Great News! We have decided on a place to do a major re modeling of the Nulla Camper box Adventuretruck.si | Kamnik | izdelava avtodomov - https://www.adventuretruck.si Nulla is now traveling to Adventure Truck Slovenia. The remodeling will be completed in April 2022. We will keep you posted on the build. Thank you all for your help. We hope to resume our travel to Europe and beyond when the remodeling is done. 🐕❤️ Meanwhile we are preparing to travel Mainland Mexico starting in October 2021 with our other rig (Bulla).🙏🏽🚐

1FAADFF4-45C4-47A0-9241-3F60AD6A0315.jpeg

Nulla arrived at Adventure Trucks in Slovenia and weighed in at 4,500kg (9,920lb). Nulla has gained weight over the years. When we first started her build in 2007, she weighed 6,500lb (2,948kg). We want to drop this weight in Slovenia. To do this we will change the camper box to a fiberglass composite and take off excess weight. We will miss our homemade camper box. ☺️ We will also go to diesel as the one source of fuel for the stove and hot water heater. Upgrades will include the solar system, shower inside and outside, a cassette toilet, big domestic euro style windows, and extending the sleeping area further over the cab. The new camper box will connect to the front cab (unibody), with new swivel seats for both driver and passenger, and many more details to follow. We plan to keep the old Landcruiser look that we love! We will keep you posted on the build and design. You can also follow the build on Adventure Truck Slovenia. Yes they are on instagram Login • Instagram - https://instagram.com/adventuretruckslovenia?utm_medium=copy_link

B803BA52-E4BA-4F9F-8304-A9A1C7039992.jpeg

WOW! Total rebuild, look forward to what you have in store. Keep us in the loop here on MUD, some don't do Instagram, etc.

I'm excited for this. Have been following this build a long time, can't wait to see the next iteration.

WOW! Total rebuild, look forward to what you have in store. Keep us in the loop here on MUD, some don't do Instagram, etc.

I'm excited for this. Have been following this build a long time, can't wait to see the next iteration.

HEAR..... !!! HEAR...!!!
Yes of course Nulla was born on Ih8mud, we will do update on the build here. We are excited on this next phase of the Nulla adventure. You can also follow our travel on our website nullacruising.com thx

cool. Good luck in Slovenia
Thank you, we are looking forward to travel that part of the world hopefully in 2022. We have followed some of your travels. Where are you now? Our website is nullacruising.com Instagram/nullacruisingoverland, getting ready to visit mainland Mexico in October. See you out there, stay safe.

Camper box has been removed. Next step is to weight her, design the chassi and prepare the chassi for the installation of the new camper and of course build the camper box. The new camper box is a total of 16 feet long, 6 feet for the bed over the cab and 10 feet from the back of the cab. Camper box is 6 feet wide. The new camper box will be made from 2mm Polyester finish, isolation 6cm, in the middle of isolation are aluminum industrial profiles 30x30cm. With this camper box, we might have to move back the rear axel of the Nulla to avoid a long over hang. The current long wheel base of the Nulla is 11 feet. You thoughts and comments are welcome. Nulla’s new adventure has began 👍🏽🍾🎉

75BB32B0-801C-4EBF-A05E-CFD97240373C.jpeg

ED5C388F-882D-46C4-B2BE-3A0730BEF2D8.jpeg

To start, I have been watching your thread from the beginning. I love Nullacruiser and that you guys are out living the dream.

I'd move the rear axle to the center of the 10' camper section minimum. It will distribute the load much better and minimize the overhang. As well as look more balanced.

Break the driveline into two pieces w/ a bearing support in the middle. Std box van type driveline.

Can't wait for the camper updates!

Almost seems like the rear axle should move back another foot or two.
Yes most likely, I am trying to figure that out with Adventure Truck Slovenia they are doing the drawing and other specs. Thx
To start, I have been watching your thread from the beginning. I love Nullacruiser and that you guys are out living the dream.

I'd move the rear axle to the center of the 10' camper section minimum. It will distribute the load much better and minimize the overhang. As well as look more balanced.

Break the driveline into two pieces w/ a bearing support in the middle. Std box van type driveline.

Can't wait for the camper updates!
Thanks, this is our moving home our plan is to spend most of our time in it, we are hoping that we can begin our travel again in that part of the world in 2022, this covid thing is a real bummer. Meanwhile, we are still traveling the US and Mexico on our other moving home. Check out our website Nullacruising.com.

You brought up an interesting point about the driveline. Nulla use to have two driveline but the hanger bearing use to break a lot so i went to a single drive line to simplify. I was using a Toyota pick up hanger bearing. What is standard box van type driveline? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom