Builds building a landcruiser for overland expedition (3 Viewers)

Should we paint Nulla’s camper cab blue?

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My favorite thread here
Man you did a wonderful job

I haven't been around for a while, and just read about your trip

👍🏽

My favorite thread here
Man you did a wonderful job

I haven't been around for a while, and just read about your trip

👍🏽
We are in Tarifa, Spain crossing over to Morocco tomm am. Follow us @nullactuiding thx 🙏

Help us decide. We are thinking 🤔 of getting the camper of Nulla painted blue (while in Morocco) same color as the cab. What do you think? Should we paint the camper?
Yes or No? I created a voting poll I think it is at the top. Thx your input is appreciated.👍🏽

We are traveling around South Sahara Desert near the Algerian border Khamilia Village etc.... currently in M’hamid Village for the Nomad Festival. Follow us @nullacruising

907ED4EC-2AA2-4DD8-89B6-BEF2362A1C29.jpeg

Last edited:
the advantage of doing it in Morocco is the low labor cost .
probably you can get the job done with 150-200 €.
the minus is that they , most probably don't have the chemicals to properly treat the aluminium ,so that the paint will stay on.
in other words , you risk to have the truck all painted , but after some time , parts of paint will delaminate from the panels .
resulting in having a crappy look .
painting aluminum well is not simple.

just my 2 cents .

Do not paint, it will cause more heat and maintenance.
In the dessert the paint will be sand blasted which forces you to repaint on return from the dessert.
Just my 2cts

the advantage of doing it in Morocco is the low labor cost .
probably you can get the job done with 150-200 €.
the minus is that they , most probably don't have the chemicals to properly treat the aluminium ,so that the paint will stay on.
in other words , you risk to have the truck all painted , but after some time , parts of paint will delaminate from the panels .
resulting in having a crappy look .
painting aluminum well is not simple.

just my 2 cents .
Thx very helpful

Do not paint, it will cause more heat and maintenance.
In the dessert the paint will be sand blasted which forces you to repaint on return from the dessert.
Just my 2cts
Thx I did not realize it will cause more heat.

Wrap it! Cool globe trotting wrap. When or if it looks bad you can peel it and put another cool wrap on. No idea where Morocco is at with wrapping vehicles but lots of people are doing it here... Planning on wrapping my 80 series this summer to try to protect the body.

Super jealous of you and your wife. Keep exploring and posting the cruiser life!

Wrap it! Cool globe trotting wrap. When or if it looks bad you can peel it and put another cool wrap on. No idea where Morocco is at with wrapping vehicles but lots of people are doing it here... Planning on wrapping my 80 series this summer to try to protect the body.

Super jealous of you and your wife. Keep exploring and posting the cruiser life!
Thank you, see you out here one day.👍🏽

TIP
if you are still in the surroundings , you can go from there to TATA , following the Draa dry river bed .
aprox 400-600 km of pist , no water and fuel .
but very nice in this season .

bye Renago

TIP
if you are still in the surroundings , you can go from there to TATA , following the Draa dry river bed .
aprox 400-600 km of pist , no water and fuel .
but very nice in this season .

bye Renago
Ok thx we will check it out.

If you paint aluminum get an aircraft refinisher to do it. They will treat with aluma prep and anodine. Then paint only with polyurethane paint, after an epoxy primer.

If you paint aluminum get an aircraft refinisher to do it. They will treat with aluma prep and anodine. Then paint only with polyurethane paint, after an epoxy primer.
Ok great thank you.

Two common aircraft paint brands are PPG and Endura.

Aircraft expand and contract rapidly, this paint is a bit flexible. If they prep the surface correctly it bonds very well. That's why I recommend aircraft re-finishers. They already should know how to do it. If you are in a place outside of USA or Canada I am guessing the costs come down quite a bit. In USA or Canada our environmental standards and work safe requirements are quite high and the paint is very toxic. It contains isocynide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom