Builds Build thread: The Bruis3r (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welp! Guess it’s my turn! Thankfully it happened in my parking lot. Started the truck and before I could even put it in gear I got the ABS light, Brake light, and the god awful constant sound.

C81A81ED-1B92-48E9-8C98-24D0B895249B.jpeg

Gonna just bite the bullet and buy new. I’ve never had good luck with Remans
The new ones have come down about 50% in the price. Get the one complete with new master cylinder, it is worth it.

The new ones have come down about 50% in the price. Get the one complete with new master cylinder, it is worth it.
Thanks for the heads up! I did just that!

Toyota found that my fan clutch was starting to leak. Also while it’s already there it’s time to do the timing belt and all the other goodies that go with it. I already have a TRD thermostat that I’ll have put in as well. I’m really debating throwing in a Mishimoto radiator too. Entire cooling system would be brand new at that point. But this labor bill is gonna destroy my bank account! Here is my order list from Camelback Toyota:

F13BA7F8-D178-4233-9EAA-68C62C964EC9.jpeg

Last edited:
Toyota mechanic said if I get him the supercharger pulleys he will install them for free since he’s already doing all this other work and it’s right there anyways. Thankfully I already had those parts in the garage. He also asked for a new radiator shroud as well. So I ordered the shroud, lower radiator hose clip, and a another S/C pulley to add back to my stock pile of parts.

273F3170-6802-48CC-AEB0-CEAD0FA2A8E0.jpeg

910073D1-5AEF-4BCA-A423-8771247E3AEF.jpeg

That truck is treated proper!
Remind me why you are installing the SC pulleys?

That truck is treated proper!
Remind me why you are installing the SC pulleys?
Already have everything in the front tore apart for Timing belt, water pump, all the other pulleys & Radiator replacement. Literally the only 2 pulleys/tensioners left to change out on that serpentine belt. Plus it’s been 90k miles since the super charger was installed on my land cruiser. Not sure if they were ever replaced when the S/C was on the tundra it came off of before my LC.

Got home and added a little LX470 wood trim to the radio surround. Help tie in the window switches and center console. Now I just have to find a decent wood steering wheel to add!

70328BF3-7330-424D-94DF-AAAC56508C23.jpeg

The license plate light that came with my dissent bumper stopped working about a year ago. I’ve been putting off getting a replacement for a long time. Finally decided to just get it fixed! So I bought this Rigid chase light. It has a LED light underneath meant for cargo area illumination (now license plate illumination), there are 2 LEDs in the center of the light for a backup light circuit, and the entire outside ring is meant for a flasher circuit (dust lights). I ordered the amber version as they can be seen through the dust by the vehicle behind you. So the rear flasher circuit will be wired into the Spod. That way when I turn the front flashers on, the rears will come on also

829BA2E0-16E3-4201-A8A3-CD099B922019.jpeg

6AD37283-6B39-436B-8BDB-1791B32EA30D.jpeg

7D09819E-7A34-40AA-9B09-C324808551C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Toyota finally got the rear hatch struts back in stock. For the price of the Amazon chinesium units compared to OEM, I figured I would rather hold off till OEM was available again. While I was there I also bought a shiny new TRD Oil cap!

BF5AFD6D-721C-4EBF-AA6D-9BDCDEA10518.jpeg

48178C00-DE2C-466E-B695-553F52A08566.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom