Builds Build thread: The Bruis3r (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh yeah and my dad was generally blown away by your rig.

Thank you! It was great having the chance to meet you and your family as well! Really hope y'all can make it back out again next year! That's the one thing I love about this event. Yeah the scenery is mind blowing. Yeah the temperatures are perfect. The people. This community is unlike any other I have ever been a part of. Everyone I have met so far is stand up, genuine, and fun to be around. I just wish I wasn't so shy and quiet. It would make this event 100x better!

weird question but how much raptorliner did you use and what tint did you use to achieve that color? I love the green and want to copy it soooo bad!

weird question but how much raptorliner did you use and what tint did you use to achieve that color? I love the green and want to copy it soooo bad!

I apologize. I didn't see this. I know it's been 3 months.

It took me 16L or 4 kits of Raptor Liner to do the whole thing. Door jambs and all. The green was a custom color that I made. I sell automotive paint to body shops. I ended up painting on top of the Raptor Liner to achieve the color.

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. A lot has been going on.
Hockey season is back. The Vegas Golden Knights have been occupying a lot of my time lately. I've got season tickets and try my hardest not to miss a home game!
My friend sold his Jeep JKU and bought a Jeep Gladiator. Rhino Rack wanted to use it in their booth at Sema. So October was spent helping put it together.
Not much dirt was seen the last few months. Kind of been pretty boring and depressing....

IMG_4952.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

IMG_4951.jpg

IMG_4953.jpg

IMG_4954.jpg

National Park Service Mojave National Preserve has posted they will be removing all of the shrines left around the Mojave Mailbox. 3 years ago, a group of friends and I had left a frog in the pile. We decided we needed to recover the frog before it became trash. Its been pretty wet this last December. So the higher elevations have a bit of snow. Really cool to see the snow on the ground around the Joshua Trees. Had so much fun playing in the desert that weekend I decided to do some more snow wheeling on New Years Day.
Recieved my new 67 Designs phone mount. It's a little hard to get the suction cup engaged down in the little corner of our dash. Other than that I'm very happy with it. Much more articulation than my failing ram mount and very little vibration! It's solid and in the exact place and angle I want it.

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4959.jpg

while doing an oil change, I removed the magnetic drain plug. It came out of the socket and stuck to the bottom of the pan creating quite the mess! Had no clue what was causing the oil to go everywhere, till after it drained... I was able to scoot under and take a look. Last picture was just a quick trail run on the out skirts of Las Vegas that lead to an awesome view.

IMG_6758.jpg

IMG_6759.jpg

IMG_6764.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

Well... this sucks. The Rona is keeping me from getting out now. Luckily I was able to get in a couple trips before they locked everything up!

I just purchased a condo too. Sadly, I will not be making it to HIHX this year. So it's probably good I'm not traveling right now. Will allow me to keep working and putting money back into my savings account. Really bad time for a pandemic! This is prime travel weather!!

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

IMG_6896.jpg

IMG_6898.jpg

IMG_6899.jpg

Looks like an epic trip!

It was fun! Started out from Vegas to Rhyolite, NV. Then took Titus Canyon trail into Death Valley. Stayed the night in Death Valley and did a little site seeing before making our way to the Trona Pinnacles for the night. Then a little detour to Nelson, NV the next day to meet up with a Jeep group that was running a trail called Copper Cache before heading home! Here's a few more cool pictures from the trip.

The Chrysler was a family traveling from British Columbia, Canada through the US. They said they normally have a trailer they pull with it but they left it back in Vegas before heading into Death Valley. Truly amazing to see! I hope to be able to do something like this one day.

IMG_6922.jpg

IMG_6923.jpg

IMG_6924.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

The original CB I got was way to big to put anywhere. So I got the small handheld version from Cobra, the 18 WX ST II. I hung it from a Slee Off Road CB Mic holder and Switch panel.
Cobra dashcam and radar detector hard wired into the truck.
Greyman Tactical Molle seat back panels outfitted and installed
Lloyd Mats are in. You can see the speaker grilles in this picture. I thought the fabric was gross and outdated. So I peeled the fabric off. To my surprise there was a much nicer pattern underneath. So I painted the plastics to match the door panels using the SEM Color Coat.

View attachment 1856452

View attachment 1856453

View attachment 1856454

View attachment 1856455

View attachment 1870955
Did the fabric over the speaker covers just pull off or did you need to remove the door panel and do anything behind? Mine are pretty nasty too.

Did the fabric over the speaker covers just pull off or did you need to remove the door panel and do anything behind? Mine are pretty nasty too.

The Fabric is glued on. It is wrapped around the backside of the covers though. The covers are held in place by 3 screws to the door panels, if I remember right. When I pulled the fabric off the plastic underneath was black. So I painted it with SEM Color Coat to match.

Beanzermin Can i please get the info where your headlights were sent out to get Hid projectors installed.
HIDProjectors.com was who did them for me. The owner Tom was easy to work with and had them back to me relatively fast. I shipped him the depo headlights and I think 2 weeks later or so he shipped them back to me.

Incredible. I never thought of mounting an air compressor in a metal box in the spare tire location.

It's unused space and I couldn't find an area to mount the Compressor inside at the time. So I had a "skid plate" built to hold everything and to protect them from rocks and getting scraped on things.

Story Time!

Part 1:
Decided to replace my spark plugs today. I've had a little hesitation/misfire happening in the mornings when it's cold out. Started pulling the plugs and noticed the previous owner had put in the wrong ones. According to the Tundra forums I've read, the gap is too big and could be part of the reason it runs super rich. Got the driver side swapped out. Started on the passenger side. Started with the one closest to the firewall and noticed it had a little oil on it. Might be time for valve cover gaskets... finished the passenger side and started putting it together.

IMG_7297.PNG

IMG_7308.jpg

IMG_7298.jpg

Last edited:
Part 2:
Now when I started putting it together I started trying to slip the pipe on the throttle body first. Instead it started on the airbox by accident. So I decided to tug on the elbow to get just past the throttle body to slide over and then there was a pop... the damn baffle popped off the intake pipe. I'm not sure how they go together. Whether they are plastic welded or how that works. All I know is there are 3 vacuum hoses that are connected to it... I also noticed that someone has used a couple bolts to cap off another vacuum hose... right now I'm dead in the water. Waiting on a buddy to come save me and hopefully get me to Home Depot for some epoxy...

IMG_7303.jpg

IMG_7301.jpg

IMG_7299.jpg

IMG_7311.JPG

Last edited:
Final Part 3:
The original intake is pressed together. 3 separate pieces. Main tube, muffler on the front, muffler on the back side. After trying to reseat the back muffler into the main tube, I gave up. I got ahold of my service advisor (previous owner of my LC) and told him what happened. He told me to come by his house. He had a brand new Airaid intake in his garage that he had purchased for my 100, when he owned it. I swung by his house, grabbed the box, and I am back in business! The vacuum hoses are not pretty. But I no longer have to deal with those big ugly mufflers!

IMG_7312.jpg

IMG_7313.jpg

IMG_7314.jpg

IMG_7315.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the ASAP flaps

Anything special to note on installing the ASAP flaps with the ARB rear? Just ordered a set on the group buy and looking forward to replacing my high quality zip tie arrangement I have currently!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom