BUILD: 1997 Lexus LX420 (Operation Debacle) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The PDI was ok to install but I have a couple minor gripes. The included instructions only covered the 1HDT and did not show photos of the FTE routing. Also PDI included an extra hard pipe with no explanation. I think the extra pipe is in case I delete the soft shut down/crossover pipe so they were doing me a solid... but it would have been nice if I didn't have to scratch my head for 15 minutes trying to figure out which pipe went where.

The PDI was ok to install but I have a couple minor gripes. The included instructions only covered the 1HDT and did not show photos of the FTE routing. Also PDI included an extra hard pipe with no explanation. I think the extra pipe is in case I delete the soft shut down/crossover pipe so they were doing me a solid... but it would have been nice if I didn't have to scratch my head for 15 minutes trying to figure out which pipe went where.
Same. Had to do some guesswork to get everything where it should go.
You have any plans for your EGR?

Important Public Service Announcement

If you put a MAF in the intake backwards the ECU throws a code saying the Suction Control Valve has stuck. The Suction Control Valve is a component that not only requires removal of the injection pump but also calibration of the SCV by a qualified injection service facility. I believe Toyota did this on purpose to scare the living s*** out of any dumb ass who dares install their MAF upside down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom