Broken wheel stud! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Rotating the tires and ended up twisting off a rear wheel stud. How difficult is it going to be to replace and is there a good reference to assist in the process. Thanks,

Im not the expert on this one but can only use my own experience. I broke one as well because I think they were over tightened when I had my new tires installed. I happened to have a set as spares. I had to take off the tire and the hub so that I could use hammer out the broken stud (I don't have a press) so I used a spare wheel to place the hub and use it as a safe place to hold the hub. I hammered out the remaining and then pounded in the new ones. Good as new and torqued to spec. Never checked to see if its the right way to do it, just seemed obvious at the time :meh:

Im not the expert on this one but can only use my own experience. I broke one as well because I think they were over tightened when I had my new tires installed. I happened to have a set as spares. I had to take off the tire and the hub so that I could use hammer out the broken stud (I don't have a press) so I used a spare wheel to place the hub and use it as a safe place to hold the hub. I hammered out the remaining and then pounded in the new ones. Good as new and torqued to spec. Never checked to see if its the right way to do it, just seemed obvious at the time :meh:

I was hoping that was the process. Do you remember the torque setting for the lug nuts? Thanks for the reply!

When I had a broken rear wheel stud I only took off the wheel and rotor. Once the rotor is off a tap of hammer got the old one off then pop in the new one with the wheel and lug nut. Didn't take more than half an hour.

...Misspelled via IH8MUD app

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom