Broken Back Glass Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some s***head threw a rock in the back glass last night. The best quote i've received is $1250 from a reputable glass shop.

IMG_0597.jpg

I don't think it's glued in. Get a used piece of glass, some 1/4" rope, soapy water, and a friend to help. DIY.

You're in West Tx, check with @arcteryx in the Austin area. He parts out these trucks if you want to go with a used glass.

The defrost in there really bumps up the costs on these particular ones.

Yeah, cheapest I have seen new is almost $600 for just the glass. I just replaced mine last week. Got a window from the wrecking yard, polished it up with some cerium powder to remove hard water stains and minor scratches. It's not new but I am into it less than $100 and it looks really good. If you end up with one with the factory solar tint it can easily be removed if it looks bad. I got a discount from the wrecking yard because the tint had peeled off in a couple spots but I knew I was going to remove it anyway.

My glass guy put it in for $50. The FSM says to use adhesive, and my original window had it around the glass inside the gasket. Glass guy said he'd never used adhesive on the rear like that. I went with his recommendation, no adhesive, with the understanding he'd redo it if it leaked. I've run a hose on it for about 10 minutes twice now and no sign of leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom