Brake line and fitting question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I don't want to buy a whole brake baking plate eliminator kit and just need the lines. Does anyone know what length SS LINE and what size fittings I would need to run from the stock hard line on the axle housing right into the caliper. I want to do away with the rubber line and the small hard line that goes from the backing plate to the caliper. thanks

Call Mark at Mark's off road (see my sig line)

He's got 'em in stock.

Thanks, but I'm looking at getting some from napa or summit. They are half the price as spector or marks. I just need to figure out the length and what size end fittings

I don't think that Napa will have the stainless versions. At least the that's what the yahoos at the local Napa counter told me when I was looking for the same thing said.

And they don't have DOT lines, 'cuz they'll be made to fit.

The lines Mark sells are DOT approved... But Hell, it's only your brakes. That's worth saving $15 on.

attachment.php

You could also try your local hose shop. That is what I did for extended lines and their lines are DOT approved for 3000+ psi. Easiest way to do it is to pull the lines (have to come off anyway) and take them to the shop as most can make the lines while you wait. Just my .02

I did the same thing your talking about on my 60 series.

Napa part number UP38881

Those are NOT SS lines... He's asking for Stainless lines - And they're 20 bux each - Mark's sells his SS lines for $22.50

As of a few years ago NAPA didn't do stainless lines/hoses, I doubt they do now. The stock hardline is 3/16", the flare is inverted rather than bubble, and the flare nuts should be 10 X 1.00... don't know the length required. I run rubber lines on my truck but had I known Mark's had SS for $22.50, I would have gone with those.

Brad

oops missed that!
Yeah I would go with one from Marks then. Good price, I would have done that had I known he sells them

Mark wants almost $40 for each line. Summit is like $15-$23 each. I can't figure out any way to justify spending so much more for the same item. I would have bought the whole kit from him but when you call, he tells you his website is out of date and that the item listed for sale at $55 is now $100. WTF? The guy is either sticking it to you or is such a slacker that his website is that out of whack, either way, I won't patron him

I had both lines from the chassis to axles built for about $65 going to be hard pressed to find them that much cheaper. Brake system is not where you want to go the cheapest route and our brakes need as much help as possible.

Thanks for the nappa part number, it helped me figure out what I needed. This was not about going the cheap route as some had commented on, its about avoiding being over charged. Its great that there are places that specialize in Landcruisers, but that doesn't mean you have to overpay for SAME things you can get at a brick and mortar and/or internet auto store. I can't tell you how many times I've shopped/bought from spector, man a fre, cool cruisers, etc, to see the exact same thing at a regular auto store for 1/3 or 1/2 the price. I think its great that they can find people to overpay. Profit is not a dirty word, and a fool is easily parted with his money. Thanks again and happy wheeling!

Brake flex hoses I build myself. That way they are exactly the length that I need with exactly the hose ends that I need, and when I order the parts I order enough extra hose and fittings so that I can make any of the hoses in the field if necessary. I've never needed to do so, but I give myself that option. Just as easy to call Orme Bros. as it is to call anyone else.

While avoiding being over-charged isn't a bad thing, it is a good idea to find out the country of origin of all of the parts in question. Seemingly identical parts may not have been made in the same country. I'll pay more for a non-Chinese part even if it looks identical to the Chinese part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom