Bourbon. What are you drinking right now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's going to make you sick ... $32. I bought a couple of bottle before I left Memphis. My local shop had about 100 bottles I could have gotten.

Where is this shop in Memphis for future reference?

Where is this shop in Memphis for future reference?

Every shop I went to in Memphis had bottles in mid-December. The specific shops were Cheers and Poplar Wine and Spirits. I'm pretty sure my buddy and I saw them other places, but this is where I remember. Got mine at Cheers, but Poplar had cases of it all over the place.

Started to grab a bottle of Breckenridge and noticed the sediment at the bottom swirl up. I take it thats normal? But noticed the others even unfiltered options didnt have it.

Apparently it isn't too uncommon. A year or two ago I had a bottle of Breckenridge with the same (vinegar-looking) thing in it. I called the distillery and the master distiller explained something about sugar molecules re-configuring to form chains or something..., etc., etc... ...all I really recall about the convo was that it wasn't supposed to affect the flavor, you could disperse it by shaking the bottle, and I ultimately finished the bottle with no further thought about it.

For the sake of science, you should buy it and then allocate/send out 75ml samples to all of us so that we can do our "research" and give you our professional opinion. ;)

@JohnVee you want to learn about some of the Japanese stuff? You're due for a Seattle visit right?

7 Japanese Whiskeys, with flight options. More flight info soon! Here are the whiskeys that will be featured!

Kurayoshi Malt Whisky – 46% abv 12/750ml – This pure malt whisky has been aged for more than 3 years in ex-bourbon white oak casks. It has a soft malt aroma that is fragrant and refreshing. The flavor is raisins, nuts, and vanilla, with a balance of tart and sweet that harmoniously spread throughout your mouth.

Kurayoshi Sherry Cask Malt Whisky – 46% abv 12/750ml – A sweet aroma of berries and chocolate comes from whisky aged in oak casks for over 3 years, and then finished in sherry casks. It is complimented by a citrus-tart taste like lemon grass. It has a balanced aroma, and the palate is smooth with a lingering finish. It is very soft and recommended for all palates.

Tottori Bourbon Barrel

A blended whisky from The Kurayoshi range, made with malt and grain whiskies from Scotland and Japan. This expression is aged in bourbon barrels, helping to develop hefty helpings of intense vanilla notes.
Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt

Nose: Peaches in syrup, lemon peel, a hint of earthy smoke.

Palate: Plenty of malt up front, bringing continued smoky warmth and caramelized fruit with it.

Finish: White grape and icing sugar.

Tottori Blended Japanese Whisky

Description

43% ABV, from the Matsui Shuzo Distillery.

The province of Tottori has been Matsui distillery’s home since 1910. The Cellar Master has decided to create a special range of blended whisky to celebrate the preserved beauty of this rural province.

A tribute to the province that has been Matsui distillery’s home since 1910. The Tottori range is composed of several Japanese whiskies. The use of the clean and fresh water from Tottori natural streams is key to the process.

The Tottori Blended Whisky expresses Matsui’s 100+ years expertise in the art of aging and blending spirits!

Aged 3 years in toasted oak.
For a more authentic, pure and unique taste it has not been chill-filtered.

TASTING NOTES
Color : Light gold
Nose : Elegant, balanced with ripe fruit, hint of spices coming from the oak
Mouth : Rich, floral & complex with spices, vanilla and chocolate
Finish : Refined finish with a mouthful of oak

KAIYō The SINGLE
7 Year Old
48% ABV

Mizunara Oak Finish
7 Year Old
Coffee Malt
Malted Barley

TASTING NOTES
Honey, Coconut, Vanilla

KAIYō JAPANESE MIZUNARA
OAK WHISKY 43%

Un-Chillfiltered
Malted Barley

TASTING NOTES
Kaiyō 43% Delicate nose
with vanilla, ripe dried
fruit and hints of cherry, with a
long lingering finish

KAIYō JAPANESE MIZUNARA
OAK The PEATED

Un-Chillfiltered
Malted Barley

TASTING NOTES
Sweet Peat
Smokey nose with hints of
nuts, sweet fruit and honey .
A Sweet long drying finish

Looking forward to this one.

Westland named the best distillery in america outside of the bourbon belt.

This rebel yell isnt the best bourbon under the sun but for the $10 it cost me at Trader Joe's its is damn good.

Mostly use it for combinations like this

I had some North Carolina Mystic 57. I think they must have mixed it up with a bottle of maple syrup. Yucky sweet and very hard to finish. I was tasting it the next day. Never again.

Haven't had any Bourbon in 3 weeks, a drought! Just got home from trip to Israel and spotted these in the Munich Duty Free shop and had to snag them as Four Roses was $28 and Makers was $47. Unique but don't expect anything special. Was hoping to find some non-USA Blanton's but no joy......if I was a Scotch drinker it would have been a Bonanza!

Actually have this weekend with the couples who did the Bourbon Trail with us last fall so I'll be re-acclimating and tasting some new Bourbon's!

Israel 11.jpg

This rebel yell isnt the best bourbon under the sun but for the $10 it cost me at Trader Joe's its is damn good.

Mostly use it for combinations like this

View attachment 1913104

New add to the Rosemary House B&B cookbook:

"White Trash" - Via my friend Charlie Frye

Equal parts Old Crow whiskey and vanilla almond milk.

For the sake of science, you should buy it and then allocate/send out 75ml samples to all of us so that we can do our "research" and give you our professional opinion. ;)

I second this.

Ask me if I'm qualified...

I had some North Carolina Mystic 57. I think they must have mixed it up with a bottle of maple syrup. Yucky sweet and very hard to finish. I was tasting it the next day. Never again.

I'm like a high school girl drinking Whiskey - I'd prolly like it :) Let me know if I need to buy the rest of the bottle :)

I'm like a high school girl drinking Whiskey - I'd prolly like it :) Let me know if I need to buy the rest of the bottle :)

This is just too easy to build off of...... ;)

LOL I missed that ^^

I didn't miss this tonight though! Testing out my new freebie from work annual kick-off - silicone ice ball thingy:

20190416_200258.jpg

It had a seam in the middle that broke at the end of the drink - I think it was operator error, though. Going to try again! :)

If at first you don't succeed......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom