Borla exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
I'd suggest everyone watch their exhaust.

My front hanger at the cats was rusted completely off as well as the one at the muffler. It was hanging on at the rear of the tail pipe and the exhaust manifold. Alot of weight and bounce! That front pipe is part of the first cat on the 95~97 years and goes for a fortune! Figure the cat back from Borla was good insurance.

I did have a little trouble lining up the front hanger but everything else was smooth. It is a little loud for my taste but the whistle is gone. To help make the installation complete I had ordered a front flange gasket, bolts and nut assembly as well as 3 new rubber supports with nuts. There is a wire tie mounted to the frame which holds the lead of the Oxygen sensor safe from the Transfer vibration dampner. If I had one it would have been easier to wrench it out and replace than try to salvage it.

You can get it from Performance products for $385.00. If you would like the catalog #s let me know. Sorry the OEM numbers are long gone, maybe Dan can help out.

Todd,

My Borla starts at the same point in the exhaust that the stock muffler flange is (93 model). I think the 95 up starts in the same area so you still have the stock "snake". :'( . The main advantage as I see it is a smaller diameter muffler, that is stainless, tucked up further.

That being said, I, of course, couldn't care less for that wonderful Jag type exhaust note ::) .

(The wife thinks I got it because I kept spanking the stock muffler on rocks...hehehehehehehe :D )

Yes it follows the same path and uses the same attachment points. Over the frame in the rear it doesn't flatten out either. They did include an Oxygen sensor cover plate. The info said 93~97 so I'm assuming if it is a 93 or 94 you would plug that hole because you only have a single sensor.

Completely bolt on. Getting the oxygen sensor out was the hardest thing. Once the old system was down and out the install was about an hour or so. Considering it's all stainless with a 1,000,000 mile warentee, it ain't all bad. They advertise a 10~12 hp gain as well.

Excellent - I think I'm going to order one, and modify the bumper like Beo.

Did yours come with that square tip? Performance Products does not give any options for tip styles when ordering and I think Borla has several versions available with every kit.

Here's my exhaust pipe tip after a recent outing.

Carnage%20after%20fix.jpeg

That Borla tip has to go if you wheel it with a real bumper like Christo's.

-B-

Rick,

It looks like there is a resonator in yours ahead of the tip. Is there one?. Mine is a plain pipe all the way to the tip.

Dan.

Nakman,
It might seem to be a little better but 10 hp is only about a 5% gain. I was sold on the ease of install and the fact it's stainless. I don't watch my mileage so wouldn't be able to comment on that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom