Bora Wheel Spacers - 2004 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

James Bentley

SILVER Star
Threads
I decided on the 1 inch spacers from Bora
Aluminum - anodized Black
It did take a while to arrive (during Covid) but then they sat for a few months until I got around to installing them
If you want a flush look, I think 1 inch is perfect.
Cool side note, the factory 18 inch rims I am running have "reliefs" or "cut outs" and therefore don't require ME to shorten or cut my existing wheel studs.
I set everything to 100 ft-lbs and will recheck after 50 miles
EDIT - (FSM spec is 76 ft-lbs, so I will go back and set these to 80 instead of 100)
The front and rear are location specific.
Fronts have multi-groove hub, keep trying to fit it until the hub sits flush.
Rear fits any way you install it.
On install, line up the air valve with the wording on the spacer = OCD all matches/lines up.
Only other issue was the locking lug nut I had was about 1/8 to 1/4 shorter thread engagement and I had one locking lug nut that started to strip.
So, I decided to remove all locking lug nuts and use regular nuts with no further issues.

1617407752803.png

1617407806934.png

1617407853770.png

1617407894292.png

1617408055411.png

1617408098385.png

1617408126085.png

Last edited:
I ordered 1.25" all around for my Tundra wheels to make the centers fit but I am debating stepping down to a .75" or 1" if it'll still fit my center caps as I am rubbing my front mud flap quite a bit. Hoping to take some measurements here soon to see if I can get away with a smaller spacer. Good pics and review though!

IMG_4810.jpg

I just got an email notice stating mine have shipped. Super excited to get them in and install them. I ended up going with 1.25” in hopes that I’ll be able to buy some rock warriors in the near future.

0.75" Bora Spacer will fit most Tundra wheels with the center cap right?

Thanks to @Travis Bickle @suprarx7nut @Asanka and others from previous threads on your input!

Thanks to @Travis Bickle @suprarx7nut @Asanka and others from previous threads on your input!
Nice work, that came out beautiful!

Looks great!
I too am on the fence of 0.75" vs 1.0". I understand the 0.75" may be on the limit for studded spacers, and I think the 1.25" is too much... so maybe I'm steering myself into 1" w/o really knowing that's what i'm doing.

Does anyone have 0.75" spacers for comparison?

I’m a little confused now. Im about to install 275/70/18 on the stock wheels and would also like to “push” Out the wheels a bit. I thought that 1.25 was the standard but now I’m seeing reference to 1.0” and 0.75”. With only a small increase in factory size does anyone have an opinion for which size is best for my “new” tire size? TIA

I’m a little confused now. Im about to install 275/70/18 on the stock wheels and would also like to “push” Out the wheels a bit. I thought that 1.25 was the standard but now I’m seeing reference to 1.0” and 0.75”. With only a small increase in factory size does anyone have an opinion for which size is best for my “new” tire size? TIA
Here’s mine on 1.25” Front and Rear Bora Wheel Spacers with the same tire spec as yours 275/70r18 AT tires and factory Toyota offset spec 18” wheels
IMG_5944.jpeg

The 1.25” thickness imo brings out the perfect poke, not too outward nor inward the body of the 100.

Here’s mine on 1.25” Front and Rear Bora Wheel Spacers with the same tire spec as yours 275/70r18 AT tires and factory Toyota offset spec 18” wheelsView attachment 3331353
The 1.25” thickness imo brings out the perfect poke, not too outward nor inward the body of the 100.
Same size setup here but with the Slee spacers. I bought the spacers with the plan to change the stock wheels to the TRDs which would require spacers to fit the center caps. Wound up refinishing the stock wheels and using the spacers anyway. Very please with the ride and look.

Thanks guys, I think that I’ll stick with the 1.25”. Now to decide between Bora and/or Slee 😉. Which Toyota wheels are those exactly OEMGUY0720? They look great!

Thanks guys, I think that I’ll stick with the 1.25”. Now to decide between Bora and/or Slee 😉. Which Toyota wheels are those exactly OEMGUY0720? They look great!
Thanks, I liked it very much it retained the factory look I always wanted when I still had factory front bumpers. Those are factory wheels from a Tundra, I just had it powder-coated in gloss metallic black. And like what @KMac100 mentioned, the only way I can put on the center caps is with the wheel spacers because it will hit the hub flange of the 100 which the Tundra doesn’t have.
Same size setup here but with the Slee spacers. I bought the spacers with the plan to change the stock wheels to the TRDs which would require spacers to fit the center caps. Wound up refinishing the stock wheels and using the spacers anyway. Very please with the ride and look.
Can’t go wrong with factory Toyota wheels 👍🏽

Thanks, I liked it very much it retained the factory look I always wanted when I still had factory front bumpers. Those are factory wheels from a Tundra, I just had it powder-coated in gloss metallic black. And like what @KMac100 mentioned, the only way I can put on the center caps is with the wheel spacers because it will hit the hub flange of the 100 which the Tundra doesn’t have.

Can’t go wrong with factory Toyota w

Can’t go wrong with factory Toyota wheels 👍🏽
Some before and after pics of mine...

Old 1.jpg

Side front.jpg

Side rear.jpg

Thx for sharing those kmac100. Another Question that I have for you guys that are running the 1.25” spacers is regarding the OEM studs that are in place. Anyone have any issues with the length of the studs after installing the spacers?

Thx for sharing those kmac100. Another Question that I have for you guys that are running the 1.25” spacers is regarding the OEM studs that are in place. Anyone have any issues with the length of the studs after installing the spacers?

You won't have issues since the spacers have studs on them.

Visual:

Untitled2.png

Edit: I'm realizing that you may have been asking if the original studs would interfere with the wheel since they stick out further than the actual spacer (depending on size). I think most Toyota OEM wheels have pockets where the original studs can sit. Now if you're trying to mount aftermarket wheels or steelies that don't have these pockets, you will run into mating issues and won't get your wheel sitting flush on the spacer.

Last edited:
Hey guys, any issues with these aluminum spacers out on trails? Is steel overkill and weight too much? I was going to go aluminum and then 2 people I know recommended to get steel ones.

Hey guys, any issues with these aluminum spacers out on trails? Is steel overkill and weight too much? I was going to go aluminum and then 2 people I know recommended to get steel ones.
Steel or Aluminum, it will bring out the same result of pushing the wheels out. The difference between the two is the weight, aluminum is 2x lighter than steel and normally twice the cost.

I haven't heard of a single soul on this forum running steel spacers. I've used Bora and Spidertrax with zero issues. 100's require a uniquely machined front spacer to clear the hub hardware. Make sure the spacers you get are hub centric. I wouldn't get cheap ones from Amazon. The more you push the wheels out the more interference you'll have ("but it will look cooler"). My unpopular opinion says to use the smallest bolt on spacer Bora makes, 3/4". That will make your effective offset +41 and you'll have loads of room for taller and/or wider tires in the future with minimal effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom