Bolt sizes for fiberglass cap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Seems like some bolts thread into the rain gutter and some use nuts. Mine were all rusty and mismatched.
What sizes and thread pitches should these be?

Also, how do I remove the blue painted pieces from the old top in pic #2?

Attached some pics of my progress just for fun ;) thanks!

20210814_130525.jpg

20210814_130510.jpg

Last edited:
The bolts that attach the fiberglass top to the side panels should be M6x1.0.
thanks, I'm also wondering about the holes which aren't already threaded... I'll probably use the same bolts and throw nuts on the other side.

If I remember right, they are all threaded into the gutter from the bottom (through hardtop sides), except the rear 4 which thread down into the rear hatch crossmember. At least on my 71 they were. None of them had nuts and bolts. Possible newer top is different or someone already broke off the little tab nuts?
these are the nuts I used to replace my stripped or missing ones.
uxcell M6 Carbon Steel Slab Base T-Shaped 2 Projection Weld Nuts Pack of 25 Amazon product ASIN B07KWVND5W

If I remember right, they are all threaded into the gutter from the bottom (through hardtop sides), except the rear 4 which thread down into the rear hatch crossmember. At least on my 71 they were. None of them had nuts and bolts. Possible newer top is different or someone already broke off the little tab nuts?
these are the nuts I used to replace my stripped or missing ones.
uxcell M6 Carbon Steel Slab Base T-Shaped 2 Projection Weld Nuts Pack of 25 Amazon product ASIN B07KWVND5W
Thanks. Any idea on how to remove the painted pieces that stretch from the A pillar to B pillar?

Thanks. Any idea on how to remove the painted pieces that stretch from the A pillar to B pillar?
The part you are referring to has a outer trim piece that snaps on. Kind of a pain to remove but start on one end and work to the other side. After you remove the trim piece you’ll have access to the rusted screws that will break! At least half of mine did.

Here’s a thread about the door bows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom