Bolt on turbo kit (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am so tired of the argument. The best way to do it is based off of the BSFC, the amount of air the compressor map of the turbo pushes at the pressure ratio, and the fuel pushed by the fuel injectors.

You can't make more power than the fuel you have, or the air you are using.

Don’t see the point of arguing about the HP and torque at crank, what’s to the wheel is where it counts and the turbo kit will turn the OG straight 6 into modern engine territory! 100 hp(basically doubled) and 100 Ftlbs of torque increase AT ALL 4 WHEELS is simply awesome and mind blowing!

It also shows how conservatives the engineers are at tuning it, they are trying to make it last 25 years. So don’t expect everything to last another 200k miles with just oil changes and lead foot on the turbo.

Last edited:
So, I need to factor in the cost of getting another vehicle after the Turbo shows up? Because my 17 and 16 year old boys are NEVER EVER touching my Turbo 80 with Stage 4 Slinky kit! :eek:

Factor in a summer of mowing lawns, cutting firewood, working at the car wash., etc, etc... for the teenage boys to save cash to buy their own rigs to thrash.

At the top of Vail Pass a turbo 80 should have more power and less weight than a 200 series..... How it plays out with gearing and the 200's automatic I am not sure.

cannot remember where the convo took place (mud, fb or instagram etc.) an owner of a turbo 1fzfe 80 mentioned to me that his 80 with 7lbs of boost was quicker off the line than a vdj200 cruiser. so you all have that to look forward to :cool:

cannot remember where the convo took place (mud, fb or instagram etc.) an owner of a turbo 1fzfe 80 mentioned to me that his 80 with 7lbs of boost was quicker off the line than a vdj200 cruiser. so you all have that to look forward to :cool:
I think the impeding video of that will end up breaking this website.

I think the impeding video of that will end up breaking this website.
yeh that would be nice. there's a distinct lack of turbo 1fzfe cruiser videos on the web, aside from a few on the facebook group.

@NLXTACY Any luck in your search for an 80?

You should follow him on Instagram. =) /wink wink

Have no interest in signing up for instagram and you can't see anything there unless you create an account. Do I have that correct, or is there someway to see that stuff without signing up? Would like to see the latest updates, but refuse to create any more social media accounts.

Have no interest in signing up for instagram and you can't see anything there unless you create an account. Do I have that correct, or is there someway to see that stuff without signing up? Would like to see the latest updates, but refuse to create any more social media accounts.

X2!!

Try this out: Wits' End (@wits.end) • Instagram photos and videos

It looks like you might be able to view without an account, you just can't search without an account (thus you'd normally never be able to find a user without an account).

All i could find on the gram is that Joey went to look at a rig and halfway there the dude sold it out from under him. s***ty.
I've had that done to me multiple times. People take no responsibility for their commitments anymore and don't give a s*** about other peoples time.

No. Either they are wrong year(s), are beaten up (so I can’t use as a marketing vehicle for after the fact), or they want crazy money.

But haven’t stopped looking. And I have a feeling I’ll wind up spending more than I’d like to. 🙄

X2 - Mine drags off 200 series all day every day.

This is true, but you miss out on all the @Aloha Jen banned content ;)

What's everyone's thoughts on gearing? Having my diffs set up in the next few months. I am going to be running 35's, the obvious choice is to pair with 4.88's but if I plan to turbo will that be too much over gearing? Should I consider 4.56 instead?

What's everyone's thoughts on gearing? Having my diffs set up in the next few months. I am going to be running 35's, the obvious choice is to pair with 4.88's but if I plan to turbo will that be too much over gearing? Should I consider 4.56 instead?

Only too much if you run 80+ MPH often IMHO. You'll like the extra control offroad. But if you do 4.88's and don't like it the easy solution is 37's :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom