Bolt on turbo kit (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok so I just had to look back through like 70 pages but the highest "before" Dynojet numbers were 121awhp and 173ft/lbs.

So I am expecting 170-175awhp and 260-270ft/lbs. Let's see how we did!

Tomorrow is the day. Dyno appt at Weistec at 10am then SEMA Garage right after. So looking forward to getting this over with!

Those are diesel numbers, that would be amazing. Also curious to see how the HP and torque curves start.

Last edited:
Well we will see. It is kind of just an educated guess for me, but I think we should be close. The only thing that I might be off on is the torque due to the way the boost comes in. But I hope I am right. Haha.

Those are diesel numbers, that would be amazing. Also curious to see how the HP and torque curve start.

Last edited:
Good luck, and any Lambo that tries to cut in front of you shall be used as a speed bump!

Good luck, and any Lambo that tries to cut in front of you shall be used as a speed bump!

Well, given the state of 80 brakes, that shouldn't be an issue :rofl:

Cali is still alseep
Man

Err, English please? That’s over my head 🤬.

But really, we’re talking about 4-6 weeks for shipment, just deal with it, or wait for turbo to do more work that weekend.

(DISCLAMER). This is not my daily driver.

I’m errering on the side of get EVERYTHING possible done NOW so turbo install is as quick as possible, cuz at that point, “I demand instant gratification NOW” syndrome. 😁

So far, I got ceramic coated exhaust manifolds & heat shields installed, injectors serviced (RC Engineering), engine mounts insalled coolant lines upgraded witth r lear heater delete, coolant fully flushed, oil drained, Cometic gasket installed, ARP head studs installed, OBA kit set up & installed (mostly).

Regarding Cometic HG. I had 7th thousands removed from head. Block was razor-bladed & red Scotch Brighted. Should be good. 235,000
Miles. Stock HG IS .53, I got .60. So back to stock.

This weekend I plan on dropping transmission pan, installing trans shift kit.

Monday I plan on installing intake, injectors, EGR, replace PHH, rear trans mount (why not).
At that point, I’ll hit up Joey for a shipment timeline. 😁

Just need to know at that point, wait a few days, or put 500 miles & change fluid.
Is all of this recommended before doing this upgrade? What is the approx cost of all this prep you have done? I am just trying to see what the total cost of this project might be as I weigh this or dropping a V8 in my truck. Everyone is also going to do an oil cooler and intercooler too right?

I already installed the recommended shift kit in preparation for this turbo, Not a hard install, but definitely be prepared for a much firmer shift, not 100% sure I like it yet, but if it saves my transmission from major failure down the line i'd say it's a mod that needs to be done and worth it for the turbo!
what did that cost you in time and $?

Is all of this recommended before doing this upgrade? What is the approx cost of all this prep you have done? I am just trying to see what the total cost of this project might be as I weigh this or dropping a V8 in my truck. Everyone is also going to do an oil cooler and intercooler too right?

The more preventative maintenance you do ahead of time the better.
I don't think that you need to do anything if you have a well maintained truck. I was planning on going intercooler eventually but hadn't planned on another oil cooler. I just did a full motor rebuild with OEM head bolts and gasket. Not worried about it under such little boost and don't plan on going down the high boost wormhole. yet.
I'd do engine mounts if yours are in bad shape.
OBA has nothing to do with turbo, just that it works.
Injectors, I didn't even clean mine when i had them out but a lot of people swear they can tell a difference. I doubt it unless yours were super crusty.

what did that cost you in time and $?

Search transgo shift kit on mud. Lots of talk about it, even in this thread. Its ~100 bucks plus you need gaskets/orange RTV which joey has a kit for ($62, link) . Bench time is said to be anywhere from 3 to 8 hours if DIY.

If you say so, but don’t see why. The tax rate on every single tax bracket went down and the standard deduction doubled.
many deductions were also reduced or removed, but only in states that dip**** Trump doesn't like bc they didnt vote for him. My wife and I were not able to deduct our mortgage interest this year, which is huge. so....it pays to live in a MAGA state I guess.

Search transgo shift kit on mud. Lots of talk about it, even in this thread. Its ~100 bucks plus you need gaskets/orange RTV which joey has a kit for ($62, link) . Bench time is said to be anywhere from 3 to 8 hours if DIY.
thank you very much.

Ok so I just had to look back through like 70 pages but the highest "before" Dynojet numbers were 121awhp and 173ft/lbs.

so approx 31-37% gains respectively. You would definitely feel that!

First up...SuperCharged AWD!

208D95BB-636F-4666-AB0F-588196456D67.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom