Bolt on turbo kit (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW- My PM HG was on a very low mileage an excellent condition cruiser and no other major work was required per the dealership. Today it still runs excellent and under 200K. Im 100% happy and satisfied years later with what I choose to have done at the time for the price.

You got an amazing deal. Especially at a dealership. Hi jack over.

Hello,

New to J80's after losing my '89 4Runner in the Tubbs fire here in Santa Rosa in October 2017. Wanted to throw my hat in the ring to buy one of these kits. The timing for me is perfect. I bought a '97 bone stock, original owner J80 in November. My new house will be finished in June. Should have my garage up and running by August, time to get back to wrenching and off road trips. Having your house burn down pretty much sucks.

So, put me on the list, I have a bunch of insurance money to spend on the J80, flush with cash and itching to spend it!

Thanks,

Mike

Btw, if anyone does need their head refreshed, or flow restrictions removed (or needs their entire motor rebuilt) in prep for the turbo or otherwise, give me a shout.

Btw, if anyone does need their head refreshed, or flow restrictions removed (or needs their entire motor rebuilt) in prep for the turbo or otherwise, give me a shout.

View attachment 1923198

Woah woah woah!! Are you in the “approved” Wits’ End Turbo installers network? :hmm:

Wait...I don’t have one of those. :hmm:

Hi Joey,

Please throw me on whatever list I may qualify for this kit.

Thanks,
Jon

I assume the service also includes a kick ass espresso for the customer? Seeing as how you're also a disciple of EspressoDan!

I assume the service also includes a kick ass espresso for the customer? Seeing as how you're also a disciple of EspressoDan!

...or two...

Cheers!

View attachment 1923198

Sadly my HG will not make it far enough to your shop!:hillbilly:

Im at 267k and not sure if hg has ever been done. Does puff smoke on startup often though. If i boosted it i guess I’d find out soon if the hg had been done or not.....

Im at 267k and not sure if hg has ever been done. Does puff smoke on startup often though. If i boosted it i guess I’d find out soon if the hg had been done or not.....

The puff of smoke is most likely valve guides. Mine has done it since I bought it with 81K. Granted now at 245 the puff is more like a giant water bong hit. But it’s still only at start up.

Mine has been doing that since I bought it at 223k, boosted it about 10,000 ago(now at 260). She's holding just fine..ha

The puff of smoke is most likely valve guides. Mine has done it since I bought it with 81K. Granted now at 245 the puff is more like a giant water bong hit. But it’s still only at start up.
Yeah, it doesn’t bug me other than when people mention it like its gonna blow up or something, then i have to explain to them that they are dumb.

Anyways, op got any idea if cost of this kit will be?

If the rig has been well maintained and the cooling system has been kept in order I wouldn’t lose sleep over the HG. My LX is still on the original HG at 275k. I figure if I make it to 300k I’ll pull it to do a valve job.

Mud paranoia and OCD keeps our vendors dedicated to our passion and their families fed.

Mine has been doing that since I bought it at 223k, boosted it about 10,000 ago(now at 260). She's holding just fine..ha

Any chance this would also account for a slightly sweet odor at startup? Thought it was my HG but pressure check said no. Also, before I start researching it, are the valve guides accessible while the heads still attached or is it strictly a while you have the head off kind of job?

All this talk about engine and head work need to go to a new thread aptly named "I'm about go turbo, is my junk gonna hold up?" :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom