Bolt on turbo kit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I visited Top Speed Motorsports in Alpharetta, GA. 7000 hp in this pic...

GTR Top Speed Motorsports.jpg

Yeah it is a wild game of tuning with the GT-R, there are guys making 2000+hp. The ETS car that just broke the 1/2 mile record of like 255mph is over 2500hp.

I visited Top Speed Motorsports in Alpharetta, GA. 7000 hp in this pic...

View attachment 1486791

Yeah it is a wild game of tuning with the GT-R, there are guys making 2000+hp. The ETS car that just broke the 1/2 mile record of like 255mph is over 2500hp.
AMS has a car in the 6's in the qtr. I want one. I've been to some roll-racing events with Lambo's, GTR's, etc. If it's not 4-digit power, you don't even need to play. Actually, 1000 hp in a GTR is about $60k on top of the GTR. Speed in a bottle. I could sell my LC's...

You can do it for a lot less than $60k. But yes many of the packages from AMS, T1, ETS, etc. are incredibly marked up because many GT-R owners have more money than time.

If you are serious about getting a GT-R and making 1000hp, talk to my guy Ben Linney who has tuned more R35's than anyone in the world. Linney – Tuning Technology

BW EFR Turbos - $7,000
Titanium billet downpipes and full exhaust - $5700
Carbon Fiber Intakes - $600
Suction pipes - $400
Fuel system and injectors - $5500
Race Intercooler - $3500
Jacks Trans 1100hp - $13,500
CP and Carillo Rods, pistons and pins - $2600
ECUTek - $2000
Labor - $4000-5000

Total = $45,000-46,000 + $75,000 for 2012+ GT-R. = ~$129,000

Just saved you $17k ;)

I am sure if you bought from Ben he would probably give you 10-15% off.

e1.jpg

AMS has a car in the 6's in the qtr. I want one. I've been to some roll-racing events with Lambo's, GTR's, etc. If it's not 4-digit power, you don't even need to play. Actually, 1000 hp in a GTR is about $60k on top of the GTR. Speed in a bottle. I could sell my LC's...

Last edited:
You can do it for a lot less than $60k. But yes many of the packages from AMS, T1, ETS, etc. are incredibly marked up because many GT-R owners have more money than time.

If you are serious about getting a GT-R and making 1000hp, talk to my guy Ben Linney who has tuned more R35's than anyone in the world. Linney – Tuning Technology

BW EFR Turbos - $7,000
Suction pipes - $400
Race Intercooler - $3500
ECUTek - $2000
Labor - $4000-5000

Just saved you $17k ;)

e1.jpg
And a lawyer on retainer.

...so all those parts can bolt on to my 1fz?

Haha yeah sorry lets get this thread back on track.... lol

But as much as I love my Land Cruiser I loved my GT-R, I was one of the original North American GT-R owners club members. So if anyone is serious about buying a GT-R just message me. I have a lot of tips and tricks related to performance as well as purchasing. The biggest being if you see a 2012+ GT-R for a price too good to be true say <$65k, but around 20,000 miles, what often happens is at 20,000 miles, the first transmission service is due, the brake rotors and pads need to be replaced and the second or third set of tires need to be put on and when the owner gets the bill for $1700-1900 for the transmission service, $4000 for the brakes and $2500 for the tires they get scared and try and dump the car. But if you are a do it yourselfer, you can get transmission fluid for $45-50/qt (11qts), aftermarket upgraded rotors and pads for $2200-2500 and R888R's for $1800. Still expensive but more palatable. lol

Anyways back to the 80 turbo! Haha.

...so all those parts can bolt on to my 1fz?

The short version:

But of course there is not enough demand to have a new casting done, and my "budget" version would be a J/Y-pipe from the factory manifolds. This maintains the stock twin scroll firing order and can be made very high quality without a very high cost.

image-1646748812-jpg.766524

image-3436019504-jpg.766525

would love to get my hands on one of these! have you thought about just selling the j-pipes, and maybe selling a kit too?

Probably a huge stretch, but would a version of the factory cast exhaust turning up onto a twin scroll flange make a nice manifold? Made out of cast steel, I mean. I don't know what alloy it would need to be to be durable, but it would likely work better than a Treadstone log style manifold, right? I have a casting plant near me and some contacts there, might check this out. All of the finish machine work and design work on the front side is available to me too.

BW EFR Turbos - $7,000
Suction pipes - $400
Race Intercooler - $3500
ECUTek - $2000
Labor - $4000-5000

Just saved you $17k ;)

*sigh* Living in a rich man's world

My boss had a GTR, ever since then I have grown to hate GTR's, I guess because I think of the attitude my boss typically displayed and I associate that with a GTR. Also, after working for Nissan, not really a fan of any of their products. Toyota is much more careful, thorough, and quality oriented when they produce a vehicle. Nissan tries, but they always rush things to market it seems before quality controlling stuff very well. Its cost them a lot of money, and they almost went bankrupt not too long ago because of it. I will say their engines produce a lot of power, always sound good, and their body and interior designs are typically better than Toyota. But for example pair a 200 series vs a patrol, the patrol will fall apart long before a 200 series ever does.

I can agree with you 100% about the attitude.

I tried to never drive my GT-R to work and instead took my 55 or 80. I am not the guy who drives a flashy car for someone else. But those types of owners do exist.

While I would normally agree with you 100% about the Toyota vs Nissan product and I tried very hard to buy a Lexus/Toyota they do not have anything that stands with the GT-R. Before I bought my first one, I went to the Lexus ISF track days, and it is a sporty car, it is not on the same level. A tuned GT-R will give a mediocre rider on a liter bike a run for his money. There is a section of 3 roads in Texas called the twisted sisters and the GT-R will corner so fast and pull so hard, I literally gave myself a headache.

My boss had a GTR, ever since then I have grown to hate GTR's, I guess because I think of the attitude my boss typically displayed and I associate that with a GTR. Also, after working for Nissan, not really a fan of any of their products. Toyota is much more careful, thorough, and quality oriented when they produce a vehicle. Nissan tries, but they always rush things to market it seems before quality controlling stuff very well. Its cost them a lot of money, and they almost went bankrupt not too long ago because of it. I will say their engines produce a lot of power, always sound good, and their body and interior designs are typically better than Toyota. But for example pair a 200 series vs a patrol, the patrol will fall apart long before a 200 series ever does.

Just to reinforce the fact, "I" will not be selling anything.

While I am helping to spearhead this effort. I have developed the parts list, the plan and the ideas, it is being turned over to someone else for execution and sales. I am not sure what model they are going to choose as far as selling individual parts, but I would imagine that would be ok.

But I do want to let you know, with the new much higher quality turbo, the decision to go single scroll was made to avoid spooling too quickly.

would love to get my hands on one of these! have you thought about just selling the j-pipes, and maybe selling a kit too?

This is very common on more expensive turbo setups. But really it only makes sense if you know you are going to sell several hundred to recoup the design/tooling/casting costs. But once you have it setup the individual castings are quite cheap. An example I know and I hate to keep going back to the GT-R but it is something I know well for this type of thing, is:

The Boostlogic GTR manifold. I know each casting costs BL $350 they sell them for $4,495. Yes they do have some work after they get the casting and they did have an outlay up front to develop the casting but it is a very cost effective and good way to design proper flow characteristics. BUT again we can not build THE BEST turbo system we can build the one that will work within the confines of the stock ECU, but have high quality parts for reliability.

http://www.boostlogic.com/parts/nis...ic-v2-intake-manifold-nissan-r35-gt-r-09.html

Probably a huge stretch, but would a version of the factory cast exhaust turning up onto a twin scroll flange make a nice manifold? Made out of cast steel, I mean. I don't know what alloy it would need to be to be durable, but it would likely work better than a Treadstone log style manifold, right? I have a casting plant near me and some contacts there, might check this out. All of the finish machine work and design work on the front side is available to me too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom