Bob's Build Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All,

So I am starting (although very slowly) to work on my FJ60 that I got last October. I have been researching and planning and I finally starting to attack the plan.

I am starting with the smaller inexpensive stuff until my other cars sell and then I will start putting more into the Cruiser. So sorry in advance if this is boring to start :flipoff2:

I figure I will just update this thread as I do things to the truck.

IMG_2329.jpg

snow_truck.jpg

Thanks

First mods were a new choke cable (old one kept getting stuck and broke) and new battery cables.

Battery.jpg

Next up was replacing the sagging gas struts on the rear gate.

Rear_Gate.jpg

Gate_Clearance.jpg

As you can see I still have plenty of clearance. It pops right up now and stays up. No more pulling up, holding and hoping it dosen't drop.

Previous owner had left some nice stereo wiring.

Radio_Guts.jpg

So I pulled the dash off to start cleaning up and replace other parts.

Dash_Removed.jpg

Can you post some more info on your dash removal? I may need to do that to track down some electrical issues I'm having. Thanks.

Nice 60. Looks just like mine, except you have nicer wheels/tires.

Dash removal is actually easy, about 10 phillips screws, remove a couple of joints of heater duct and five nuts, two clips on dash pad. Just look around real good if it does not want to come loose, you've missed one of the fastners and you're about to crack a 20 year old plastic part.

@MBerry

Like pjfairchild said the dash removal is very easy.

First I removed the bezel trim that goes around the heater controls. You remove 7 screws (4 on top, 3 on bottom) Obviously you have to disconnect the switches.

Bezel.jpg

Then I removed the Glove box (5 screws I think)

Glove.jpg

Next was to remove 2 screws from the top of the Gauge panel.

Gauges.jpg

Finally, using a #10 wrench you reach back under and lossen 4 nuts on the underside of the dash pad itself. They are along the windshield line in the back. 1 on each side and two towards the center.

Dash_Nut.jpg

Then you just pull the pad off. Pull away from the window as there are clips. Hope that helps.

Replaced the driver side panel today with a new one.

Old_Panel.jpg
New_Panel.jpg

Super easy. Only took 10 minutes and looks great.

I like the color and the blacked out trim and wheels for some reason...

Doug
Vacation2B 007.jpg

Go Bob go :cheers:

Nice looking rig! im with ya on that color combo - looks great

Nice project. Keep up the good work.

So, quick update...

Took the truck down to Valley Hybrids last week and Georg took a look at it. First off, Georg is great. I would highly recommend him. Great guy, great service. So, I was missing my carb cooling fan so I got one from him and I installed yesterday (we'll see if it works). Also, I have nasty exhaust leak that I am going to fix in the next week or two. My timing was way off so they took care of that and, wow. Already a different truck for the better. Gas mileage has already gone up 2 mpg.

UPS brought this for me today:

HID_Lights.jpg

nice looking rig mate
i see you have tha slidin rear windows they are rare in US models ay did they come with the 60

What color is that called man? Thinking about a similar color for mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom