Bluesquirrel's '98 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great work! I want some red led map lights. Do you have a link of what you used?
I bought mine from Amazon, after x-refferencing part numbers. Front ceiling lights are the same as the door lights in my '98.
A vendor on this forum, Pfran, has an entire kit for these trucks. May want to look into that, to make it easier.

Just finished installing Dissent front bumper and roof rack. Pretty straight forward install, strong and good looking. I've also had the grill from @kelly saad for a few months.
@benc
IMG_20180414_124540336.jpg

Last edited:
Found time to do some planning for the second battery, and decided I'm going to mount it inside the cab. The isolator and all the other aux electrical will be underhood. I don't have AHC so I've got a fairly good space to work with on the passenger side. I copied @NLXTACY power panel idea for the 80's
IMG_20180707_135843263.jpg
IMG_20180707_110427935.jpg

What do your drawers, slides, handles look like on your cabinets for your drawer build?

@bluesquirrel How do you like the Spotlight? These have always interested me. Worth it?

@krice118 I like it a lot. It's sturdy, and very bright. Good for off road when you need light somewhere the other lights don't point, including the rear. Strange thing is some people will not pass me cuz they think it's some sort of police vehicle.

Fairly simple install, but I don't have airbags in the A-pillar. At just over $200, it was worth it to me... The LED version was north of $400 and definitely not worth it

I was forced into replacing the starter this weekend. While doing that, I also completed the following:
Replaced valve cover gaskets, both sides.
Replaced fuel filter
Replaced spark plugs.
Replaced coil packs.

And, might have to do the injectir o-rings as well.

With all that, I'm tired. Pics to follow. I had one loose spark plug, and those valve covers were leaking big time.

I am running all those @TRAIL TAILOR goodies too except the rear control arms. I went with the OEM thinking that the soft OEM rubber bushings will provide more compliant ride.
Let us know how the truck feel after this major upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom