Black 2021 HE first things to do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you slide under the vehicle on the drivers side just under the b-pillar/rear door area, you’ll see a metal shield bolted to the inside of the frame rail with two holes through it, through which you could turn the shutter valve screws. If you remove that shield (12mm bolts, iirc), you can spray LPS3 on the valve body and screws (or smear them with marine grease).

Thanks Charlie. Has anyone posted pics or a video on how to do this? I did a search but couldn’t find anything. To be honest I don’t even know exactly where the kdss valve is.
Driver’s side. It is covered by a metal cover…but the metal cover has a hole underneath where you see the two hex bolt. The whole assembly is on the INSIDE of the frame rails b/w the rails and the exhaust manifold. You won’t miss it.

For me, i took the metal cover off. I lathered the whole damn thing in grease over and over and over again. I am pretty sure that i overdid it. :)

Sounds good. I’m not mechanically inclined at all, but that sounds pretty straightforward. Just out of curiosity, is that valve very difficult or expensive to replace if it rusts out?

Sounds good. I’m not mechanically inclined at all, but that sounds pretty straightforward. Just out of curiosity, is that valve very difficult or expensive to replace if it rusts out?
Yes, both difficult and expensive. Most dealers do not even have access to the special high pressure pump needed to service the system. This is one where an ounce of prevention is worth well more than a pound of cure.

black in out and get a better roof rack and add rock sliders. I also had Eric Sarjeant powder coat the insets to the Slees in my 2020HE, Black out was rear badging, side window mouldings and mirrors.

IMG_6594.jpeg

63918475506__8C1B6E64-DDE9-4844-AD30-47EE8C4F325F.jpeg

63918472594__CFC7777C-BC9F-4318-B5B4-15934AC97618.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom