Black 2021 HE first things to do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

prwillard2

SILVER Star
Threads
Picked up my dream machine today. I originally never would have bought black, but the price was too good.

That said, thoughts on getting XPEL coating on her to keep the black in great shape? It came with the Toyota PPF dealer add.

Trying to decide between 285/65R18 Toyo AT3s and the Michelin LTX M/S in the same size. Vehicle used for a family hauler, towing, hunting, and some light off roading.

C1E61757-A5EC-4FB7-9857-EF6A19E6E7C6.jpeg

Only immediate thing I did on my 21' HE was take off the roof rack. Noisy on the 30 mi highway ride home and kept me from fitting in my garage. I'll put it back on if I need to load her down for a big trip. Next on my list is tires....had the Michelin LTX M/S on my Tundra and they are really pretty good but want a little more aggressive tire for occasional offroading so looking at Nitto Ridge Grappler or Toyo AT III as well.
I would like the factory 1" coil spacer to level the look as well once the newness wears off which also begs for a slightly bigger tire like 285/65-18 or even 285/70

Luckily it really doesn't need much. I actually have been enjoying how crappy the stock tires are so I can challenge the LC on more mild offroad stuff as I get used to it's capabilities.

I have a 2020 LC HE....had it since last May. The first thing I did was get in and drive it, 18,000 in the first year and still driving it (lol).

So the next thing is wash it....I do mine by hand....the drive throughs will leave ‘beater brush’ marks in the clear coat....so get yourself a short step ladder, a rag on a stick and scrub a dub dub.....

Then get back in it and drive it some more.

I wouldn't pay to have the Toyota film removed and then pay to have Xpel put on. I do think Xpel is better, but not enough to make a switch. If you drive somewhere where rock chips are an issue, you might wish to have film applied to the mirrors and the a-pillar. I don't remember what the Toyota film covers, but unless you get a ceramic "wax" application, you might also wish for film on what I call door cups (the place behind the handles).

Ditch the basket for sure, you should be able to get something for it on FB Marketplace or CL. I recommend Nitto RG's or the Toyo ATIII if you want something less aggressive. Xpel would be my move and I'd cover the entire hood, the front bumper, the mirrors, the A-pillars, and the leading edge of the roof line back from the top of the windshield. Congrats on the new LC, enjoy!

I have the exact same truck.

Here is what I did on my 2021 Heritage. Noxudol cavity wax and undercoating. Swedish product Toyota approved followed by IGL ceramic paint coating. Very happy with the results.

Cavity Wax - Noxudol

Facts: Noxudol was the first in the Swedish aftermarket to offer the notable solvent-free inner cavity wax. This evolution has allowed us to offer outstanding rust-protection and above all an environmental-friendly working environment to our customers.

Rust Proofing by Noxudol | Car Rust Protection | Rust Proofing Spray

Noxudol is a superior line of undercoatings and rust proofing car and spray products manufactured and engineered to provide excellent protection to all motor vehicles. We also offer application centers in many locations in the United States.

www.noxudolusa.com

https://iglcoatings.com/category/automotive/

Here is what I did on my 2021 Heritage. Noxudol cavity wax and undercoating. Swedish product Toyota approved followed by IGL ceramic paint coating. Very happy with the results.

Cavity Wax - Noxudol

Facts: Noxudol was the first in the Swedish aftermarket to offer the notable solvent-free inner cavity wax. This evolution has allowed us to offer outstanding rust-protection and above all an environmental-friendly working environment to our customers.

Noxudol is a superior line of undercoatings and rust proofing car and spray products manufactured and engineered to provide excellent protection to all motor vehicles. We also offer application centers in many locations in the United States.

www.noxudolusa.com

Where'd you get this done and what did it run you?

done here:

i had window tinting done too. Cant remember costs would have to look them up but as i recall from my research they were very fair and competitive. I had it done a couple months ago but so far very pleased wit the work.

Cavity Wax - Noxudol

www.noxudolusa.com

Where'd you get this done
done here:

i had window tinting done too. Cant remember costs would have to look them up but as i recall from my research they were very fair and competitive. I had it done a couple months ago but so far very pleased wit the work.
ya definitely looking to get the fronts tinted. Did you have them match the fronts with the rest or did you go darker?

Congrats on the new ride! I just bought a '21 HE in Blizzard Pearl. That black looks amazing though, and really compliments the bronze wheels. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually like the look of the roof basket.

Mine also came with the Toyota Paint Protection Film on the hood and fenders. I'm debating whether to just leave it alone, or remove it and apply Xpel.

I left the factory PPF on ours and I already have a rock chip on the leading edge just under the lip of the film, sucks. I picked up a small rock chip on the passenger side A-pillar last weekend too but that's probably better than in the windshield. Down here in south Texas bugs and rock chips are inevitable.

As far as other preventative maintenance, I was reading that the KDSS valve is prone to rust. Is this still a problem for the '21 models? If so, what are you guys doing - spraying with LPS 3?

You won't know what you want for it until you start driving and enjoying it.

As far as other preventative maintenance, I was reading that the KDSS valve is prone to rust. Is this still a problem for the '21 models? If so, what are you guys doing - spraying with LPS 3?
Yes, despite being a different shutter valve screw design (external head versus recessed Allen hex) the valve body is bare metal and the screws still corrode. I use lps3 but marine grease is a popular option with others on ‘mud. Either works.

Yes, despite being a different shutter valve screw design (external head versus recessed Allen hex) the valve body is bare metal and the screws still corrode. I use lps3 but marine grease is a popular option with others on ‘mud. Either works.
Thanks Charlie. Has anyone posted pics or a video on how to do this? I did a search but couldn’t find anything. To be honest I don’t even know exactly where the kdss valve is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom