BJ70 Windshield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
Just picked up an 85 BJ70 from a fellow Cruiserhead. It needs a new windshield in order to pass Missouri inspection, so I can then title and register it. I called a local glass installer and he wants $444US. He has to get the windshield from the dealership. This sounds outrageous to me. I PMed CDan and am awaiting his reply.

Does anyone know how/where to get a windshield? Does anyone recommend a Canadian or American dealership/company that can ship the glass? Any advice input would be appreciated. Thx

In the states it's pretty much dealer only. I have glass on my vehicles and with the 70 I decided to let the glass company see if they could find aftermarket even after telling them " I doubt they could" They kept coming back to me with 60 glass asking if it would work.

I got the OEM Toyota Glass (I don't remember it being $444 but honestly I don't remember what it cost)and the rubber weatherstrip from Stevinson Toyota here in Denver. INS covered that and the glass install. I've replaced a 40 windshield and side glass but I'm SUPER glad I wasn't installing the 70 windshield. The glass guy worked his ass off and I don't think he could've got it done without my help (basically another set of hands) and I surely wasn't keen on the way he was smacking the glass to get it to seat....

anyway HTH.

see : <https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=42415>

US dealer pricing even hyper discount bites on Fixed window (ala BJ70) glass.

Try aftermarket (unknown if US delivered, but for certain BC)

Try ENS industrial in Saskatoon (Mark Kobach industrial parts) as they can provide new take out glass for less than full dealer.

For those with fold windshields (73/74/75) its dealer only and Cabe Toyota in Long Beach had one in stock a few months ago and can order more with current US registration. THESE DO NOT FIT BJ70'S.

hth

56111-60220

There are currently 24 of them in Ontairo Ca at the Japan warehouse. They are not coded for US consumption so it takes a phone call to get one. They ARE NOT cheap. List is $621.56, anything under 500 bucks is a good deal if it's a factory glass. I can't ship glass because it always breaks and the shipping costs a ton.

D-

Funny you guys don't ship glass. Mine came in a fairly roubst cardboard box, plus it's tempered...

The problem is by the time you pay the freight, usually over a hundred bucks, any savings I can offer are all eaten up and if it's broken you still need a glass.

i have 10 in stock but i would suggest you go with Cdan since he is right about shipping costs and chances of damage...

cruiserdan said:
56111-60220

There are currently 24 of them in Ontairo Ca at the Japan warehouse.

Just over a year ago sept/oct there was 32.. there's been some consumption ;) Oh.. it was all wayne.. lol

at $621 list I'm keeping glass coverage on my 70 :D

Thanks for all of the info. Wow, I had no idea windshields were that expensive!

I will call my local guy and see where he was getting it from. I will also check Molle tomorrow.

I bought a 70 Series WS for my BJ-70 recently so I helped deplete the Ontario Stock...:D

Don't waste your time calling ENS, by the time you factor in shipping it will bump you up to the Realm of $450 as they have to truck ship it. I called them when I needed glass, UPS won't take anything that large, neither will Fed-Ex.

Go with the quote for $444.

BTW, make sure you get 70 series glass and not 74 series glass. It makes a difference, the 74 series glass is 4 inches too short. My dealer orderd the wrong glass first time around.:doh:

HTH

Seth

I ordered it from Molle Toyota in Kansas City. I took one from Ontario's stock. After the discount, it was slightly more, but I know it is OEM and I try to support shops who support us.

Thanks again for the info.
Jason

arcteryx said:
Thanks for all of the info. Wow, I had no idea windshields were that expensive!

I will call my local guy and see where he was getting it from. I will also check Molle tomorrow.

I bought one from deal last year and they gave it to me at cost (they said) it was because they screwed up and took them a long time to get it (also gave me free install) used my old gasket (that seem as much as the glass) I was charged a little over 300 USD. Mine might have been cheaper because I am in San Diego and they got the windshield out of ontario as far as I was told.

If you have a good glass guy there should be no need for a new window gasket, if it is done correctly should be able to reuse the old one.

Hope that is some help.

good luck,

Michael

OK, I know that will not help but....

I look around in some Windshield shop here in Montréal.

Vitro-plus : 225 $(cdn) www.vitroplus.com/accueil.html
Lebeau Vitres d'autos : 194 $ (cdn) www.lebeau.ca

Maybe a trip in Québec province worth the money ;) !

HTH

Last edited:
Molle Toyota said that they would not ship the glass- I am about 100 miles away. I was very leary to have it shipped in case it broke/cracked. Just not something I wanted to deal with.

I got it installed at Molle Toyota in Kansas City today. Did a great job. With that, I was able to pass the safety inspection and now have it titled and registered.

Thanks for the help though.

glad to hear you got a 70 windshield. How much did you pay?

On another note for anyone in US (or canada for that matter) is looking for 70 and 75 series windshields and having trouble finding them. Spector Off Road (SOR) is now stocking the windshields.

I spoke to Marv on the phone a few days ago and he told me he was stocking them, I did not ask cost but I am sure it is competitive.

Michael

David, are you sure they are windshields for 70 series? The reason I say this is because aftermarket companies just list windshields for 70's but they are actually 60 series glass. No aftermarket companies made 70 series glass that I know of.

Regards

lshobie said:
David, are you sure they are windshields for 70 series? The reason I say this is because aftermarket companies just list windshields for 70's but they are actually 60 series glass. No aftermarket companies made 70 series glass that I know of.

Regards

Maybe I'm wrong... but you know how it work... I ask for a 1985 2 door landcruiser and they give me this price. I will double check. Other news later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom