BJ70 VS bj74 windshield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The FJ40 knob is available but is way too long for a 70 series.

Just get the correct 70 series iterations. They are still available new from Toyota.

The 70 series knob or the bolt itself (or both)? If it is all available then I will abort any attempt to duplicate and find another side project. :)

I didn't double check availability myself but people here was saying it is NLA (p/n: 56453-90K00) and not even Dave could get it.

56453-90K00 appears to be for Hiace spare mounting as well.

The FJ40 knob is available but is way too long for a 70 series.

Just get the correct 70 series iterations. They are still available new from Toyota.
I tried order from Amayama.com. But they are discontinue. Part Number 56453-90K00. May you can help to get it ? We need 4 Pcs.

Someone picked up our last 4 INT56453 knobs this week. Mud member?

I saved a few for my collection and it’s been marked as NLA/discontinued in our system.

Dang can’t believe I missed there. I even looked but somehow failed 😂 to find them.

@cruiseroutfit , can you help us ? Really need it

I can share pictures and dimensions. I'm not selling the last few I have, they are now in the Kurt stash to service my 70's. I also have them in my personal BJ74, happy to measure them up.

The purchaser of the last 4 retail units is here on Mud. :D

I dropped off a used non-working donor knob with the machining shop that my job uses last week. I have also used this shop for other personal projects but nothing cruiser related. He is slow but his work is good.

This knob is unique like no other out there. It has a 20mm hex bolt head on top with M8X1.25 thread that sticks out about 40mm or so. Research indicates it was also used for some Hiace applications for securing the spare wheel.

That being said, there are two main factors that will determine how far along the repros will happen or not.

1) Is this part really discontinued? The answer seems to be ambiguous. It is not worth the trouble if it is not discontinued.

2) How much of a demand is there is for a small run?

I dropped off a used non-working donor knob with the machining shop that my job uses last week. I have also used this shop for other personal projects but nothing cruiser related. He is slow but his work is good.

This knob is unique like no other out there. It has a 20mm hex bolt head on top with M8X1.25 thread that sticks out about 40mm or so. Research indicates it was also used for some Hiace applications for securing the spare wheel.

That being said, there are two main factors that will determine how far along the repros will happen or not.

1) Is this part really discontinued? The answer seems to be ambiguous. It is not worth the trouble if it is not discontinued.

2) How much of a demand is there is for a small run?
@FJ73Texas ,, Yeah they are really discontinued. We are personally just need 4 pcs of them. May i know how much the cost for repro this Bolt/Knob/Handle?

might be right part for soft top 2022 models.

That is just the bolt without the knob portion. I have a couple of those here. I would think the knob version is what you would want for FST models. As far as the thread goes...both are M8X1.25, 40mm length.

bolt2.jpg
bolt.jpg
bolt4.JPG

@FJ73Texas Yes left side 60020 is for 75 series. Can we buy the 56453-90K00 from you for 2 pcs ?

I am not sure if you are asking for OEM or what I was aiming to have made.

I just got word this morning that my guy can make the same knob to exact specs with the only differences being that it is all metal and the bolt is removable (to remove and replace if it breaks).

Problem is that I have to have 20-40 units made at a cost that is probably too high to most people here that are willing to pay to make this feasible.

So how badly do the 73 and 74 owners want these knobs?

I can have 10 sets made at a cost of $200 per set or 20 sets at a cost of $140 per set. (2 knobs per set. All steel construction, same specs and size, removeable bolt) Original knob is not repairable if the threads get stripped or broken.

I get the cost is high but this is an obsolete part according to multiple sources that is no longer produced by Toyota so now is the opportunity to speak up if you want to do a group buy.

Photo of original knob below for those that may not know what it is used for exactly:

knob.jpg

So how badly do the 73 and 74 owners want these knobs?

I can have 10 sets made at a cost of $200 per set or 20 sets at a cost of $140 per set. (2 knobs per set. All steel construction, same specs and size, removeable bolt) Original knob is not repairable if the threads get stripped or broken.

I get the cost is high but this is an obsolete part according to multiple sources that is no longer produced by Toyota so now is the opportunity to speak up if you want to do a group buy.

Photo of original knob below for those that may not know what it is used for exactly:

View attachment 3126435
@FJ73Texas yeah it’s a bit high cost for made the repro.
D2A1BA00-441C-4A0F-B909-FFC241C9121D.png

BAB59ADD-B99D-4F30-AEC8-9DB398072BD2.png

3DB63B2D-D214-4031-9EBF-D366FD5BAB28.png

Yeah. I get that it is more than what most people would pay. It is an obsolete part that is no longer around so keep that in mind. If this project ever does happen which it doesn't look like it will, please understand that some of the costs are initial costs for programming for 2 lathe machines and a mill to make them. I am not even making any money off of this, the costs I shared are what he is charging.

Honestly I don't think it is THAT horrible of a price for what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom