BJ70 VS bj74 windshield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

Are the CDM bj70 windshileds the same as the BJ74 JDM windshields? I need to replace my bj74 windshield.

Regards.

Louis

Last edited:
-60220 is non fold down (ala troopie, BJ70)

-60230 is fold down.

Wayne said aftermarket available for -60220 @$195 +/- CDN
-60230 is not available in CDN or US aftermarket.

HTH
(PS, BJ74 owners, Cabe Toyota, Long Beach has a 60230 in stock at about $400 US if somone needs it. Parts Manager ordered an extra since I needed one 2 weeks ago)

This is one for Stone to add to the FAQ, or have the numbers transfered over.

Thanks rick_d!

gb

Gold Boy said:
Will auto insurance cover the cost of BJ74 windshield ....?

GB

You figure that they would. Comprehensive coverage covers glass claims (with a deductible)...they don't make a JDM exclusion. Wonder who the first one is going to be? I had a rock hit my windshield the other day, but didn't see any damage so far.

lshobie said:
Hi Guys,

Are the CDM bj70 windshileds the same as the BJ74 JDM windshields? I need to replace my bj74 windshield.

Regards.

Louis
ens toyota

Ordered one last week from ens, will be here on monday - very good service.

Regards

I've been noticing that some of the JDM rigs are coming *without* laminated glass in the front windshield. This means you are going to be wearing a lot of glass if you take a decent rock hit. Somebody should look into a group buy on replacement glass to see if we can knock the price down a little.

I'm amazed at the flagrant safety violations that get past the inspections.

i never noticed Bruce, i will check the vehicles i have here and if these are not laminate i will get in on a buy...

I just got the new windshield from ENS, and the old one comes out on thursday so I'll let you know.

Me neither...

Will be checking ours...

Thanks for the heads up Bruce...

gb

I just checked and both of my 74's have laminated windshields - safety glass.

I suspect the other glass is some cheap aftermarket stuff. I can't see Toyota installing unsafe glass.

Regards

Last edited:
Greg_B said:
Me neither...

Will be checking ours...

Thanks for the heads up Bruce...

gb

The fitter that installed mine says they can come in different thicknesses.

I think he said OEM or other quality screens are 6mm thick.
He mentioned cheap crap made in Indonesia being 1-2 mm thinner.

Im not suggesting your supplier sells crap but can someone check new against old for thickness?

lshobie said:
I just checked and both of my 74's have laminated windshields - safety glass.

I suspect the other glass is some cheap aftermarket stuff. I can't see Toyota installing unsafe glass.

Regards

Safety glass is *not* laminated. Safety glass is what is commonly found in side windows of automobiles. When it breaks it explodes into thousands of small... safe... pieces. Laminated glass is two sheets of tempered glass with a thick plastic sheet glued between. It stays generally in sheet form no matter what hits it.

Stone said:
Greg and I checked ours today, and both of us have Lamisafe Toyota glass in our 74's, Bruce.

Is that the OEM glass? I got supplied Lamisafe as a replacement and it was the cheapest:D

roscoFJ73 said:
Is that the OEM glass? I got supplied Lamisafe as a replacement and it was the cheapest:D

I don't know...but it's what came with my truck when I got it from Japan, and I haven't had to replace it yet. I'm just assuming from the name that it is laminated tempered glass, however.

<EDIT> It does say "TOYOTA" on it, so I assume that it's an OEM windshield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom