Bj70 anti inversion help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys arfter some opinions on my shackle angle and the pin location. Ive just installed ironman +2 springs and standard length a.i shackles in and the pins are touching the hanger mount with the truck off the ground. Then sitting there is around 15mm on driver side between pin and hanger mount. And on passenger side less than 5mm any ideas? Cheers

20230803_091726.jpg

20230803_091652.jpg

20230803_091645.jpg

20230803_091546.jpg

20230803_091524.jpg

mine are very close to looking like that too, and im getting noises on the trail..... not sure about the solution yet though

its been discussed before, the solution was to grind down the spring mounts

however, ive thrown an unpopular idea out there before, i think you should try mounting them "upside down" and see how it moves, that shackle can go back quite a bit more before its in danger of inverting, which i dont think you can physically do anyway with any of the popular lift kits on the market.

IMOP they are 100% not needed if you are running a store bought lift "kit" because the supplied shocks are simply not long enough to let the shackles over extend. all the lift kits ive seen are poorly designed and excecuted to simply give a higher ride height, but not more travel, so, if the OE didnt have inverting issues you shouldnt either.

Last edited:
Your new springs will settle in over the coming weeks/months (i.e., sag some) which will result in the shackle rotating (fwd on the front axle, aft on the rear axle). This will increase the clearance that you are concerned about.

I would suggest you observe for now and do nothing. In two months, re-assess.

i would like to point out grinding the mounts was the solution for the individual who posted a previous thread about this issue, it is not my solution.

leaves absolutely need to be removed, that spring pack on that rig is never going to settle out as bj70bc has pointed out with his rig being similar.
of course once leaves are removed and everything settles in you end up with much less lift,,,, hence my opinion of poorly designed lift kits. the ride must be terrible, not only from super stiff springs but from lack of wheel downtravel.

Last edited:
i would like to point out grinding the mounts was the solution for the individual who posted a previous thread about this issue, it is not my solution.

leaves absolutely need to be removed, that spring pack on that rig is never going to settle out as bj70bc has pointed out with his rig being similar.
of course once leaves are removed and everything settles in you end up with much less lift,,,, hence my opinion of poorly designed lift kits. the ride must be terrible, not only from super stiff springs but from lack of wheel downtravel.
Yeah they really need to be made longer the springs to gain the lift not just run the standard length and make them extra stiff to gain the height they are selling

theres much more going on than just making them longer, longer brings the shackle angle back where it should be however you wont have more downtravel unless you get longer bodied shocks, now you have the problem of smashing those shocks instead of the bump stops, so a lowered bump stop or raisied upper shock mount needs to be employed.

its a pretty simple process of design, if your willing to do it.

BJ70BC,,, i have a request if your up for it. can you flex out your rig on a rock or stump or even just a jack until the opposite tire comes off the ground or looses traction? i am real interested to know if you actually have LESS suspension travel than the factory design.

sway bar has been removed by the forces that be, so it works better than before anyhow, drops out about 3"+ or so , but i also have the ubolt flip which relocates the shock mount up 2 inches too, so that changes things too

Hey mate I did not drive it like this it turned out they are a bad batch of springs and have been sent back to be reset. Pretty annoyed but it’s being sorted. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom